A DAMN Generous Pay For a Warranty Coolant Flush

Rate this topic

mchan68

Did I read this correctly guys? Those of you so inclined, please go look up SLTS times for a 2013 F-550 6.7L for a coolant flush, more specifically labor op code MBASIC17. I'm still wondering if I read that correctly. :chinrub2:

MBASIC17 - 4.9 hrs  for engines without oil contamination. Soooo what if it does have oil contamination? And I am assuming that this is only for the primary system because the op does not state one or the other or both. I also took a  minute to read the 107 step procedure which answers the question as to why so much time. I don't think that it is all that generous to be honest.

If you follow the actual flush procedure in the WSM it is quite labor intensive. I performed it once according to the WSM and have never done it again since. If it's a maintenance flush I will drain the primary system, fill with water, run, drain, repeat, then fill with 14L straight coolant and top up with water. If you get creative with the hose you can flush out the secondary system in a matter of 20 minutes. All said and done 2 hours.

Just wait till they water cool the DEF injector nozzle, the calipers, and the side object detection modules. Then there is the diesel plug in hybrid with yet another cooling system for the battery with a refrigerant chiller and another radiator.  If the truck ever wrecks good there will 11 HAZMAT clean up trucks just for the coolant.