2015 Exhaust Fliud System Fault

Rate this topic

Got an interesting one here. A 2015 F-250 with the Engine Idled Fault displayed in the cluster apparently for no reason. No DTCs on demand or in continuous memory. Where do I go with this? Anyone else run into this before?

Any permanent DTC's? I would still try performing the drive cycle to see if it will clear.

Today I had a 2016 F750 in with a check engine light and it passed KOEO and had no CDTC's BUT I saw DTC P245C in the permanent DTC list. Turns out the customer was messing around with the truck and cleared the code - Warmups=0  Distance cleared=0.0. WTF!!!

BTW that P245C was caused by a missing vacuum cap on the line coming off the vacuum pump where a hose would connect on a 4X4 equipped pick up. Looked like a critter took it as there were what looked like tooth marks on the nipple. Muddy paw prints all over under the hood. 2nd time I have seen this. Must be tasty rubber.

• 8 months later...

Just had one like this.  2012 F-350 pickup. So the tsb technically does not apply. Exhaust fluid system fault-engine idled, on message cluster. No codes. Did tsb 14-0192 cleared out message fine.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one in my bay right now that wont clear. I've tried the drive cycle 5 times, with no luck. It had a blown fuse 36 for the NOX Modules. Replaced the fuse and have been unable to clear the fault since. I did notice that the PC/ED Drive Cycle Procedure is different than the Drive Cycle Procedure in 14-0192. There are some minor differences. I will try the TSB version tomorrow. Hopefully it helps. A buddy at a dealer in Silverthorne Colorado states they have been replacing the PCM for this concern? Has anybody heard of that? I typically haven't had an issue performing the drive cycle.