Low oil pressure at idle

Rate this topic

I have a 2019 f-150 3.0 that set p0524 and put the low oil pressure warning on hot at Idle. With a manual gauge I have 20 psi at 1500 rpm so I am going tp try a sensor first. Spec is 14 psi at 1500 but does 20 psi sound low ? 

Has oil filter been inspected? The canister filter if wrong or a poor aftermarket one,  can allow drain for housing to open if it deforms or isn't long enough and the oil pump has enough capacity to increase pressure to normal or above by 1000 RPM to cover it. 

It has a ford oil filter in it, the guy how works next to me put one in last time. He was looking at it but is off work now so now I am working on it. I just don't have any reference of what normal oil pressure would be, I have a sensor coming tomorrow.

The only variable displacement oil system I played with was on a 1.5. When it started cold the pressure moved up and down to verify that the variable part was working. That system never moved the pressure when it was commanded and threw low oil pressure codes even though it had enough pressure to satisfy the spec. 

• 3 weeks later...

18 F150 1FTFW1E13JFD73922 LOW OIL PRESSURE LIGHT COMES ON

VERIFY CUSTOMER CONCERN,PULL CODES NO CODES. ROADTEST 40 MILES OVERNIGHT LIGHT CAME ON 7X.CONTACT HOT LINE ID:1174562. FOLLOW HOT LINE, RECOMMEND ,REMOVE OIL FILTER AND VISUAL INSPECTION FOUND IS MISSING RUBBER NUB AT SPRING PLATE.BUT I FOUND THE RUBBER NUB AROUND THE OIL FILTER HOUSING.ACCEES TO REMOVE OIL FILTER HOUSING AND OIL COOLER REMOVE UPPER INTAKE THROTTLE .REMOVE BOTH SIDE GLOWPLUG .COOLING SYSYTEM BY PASS HOSES AND LEFT VALVE COVER. REPLACE OIL FILTER HOUSING AND COOLER AND ALSO REPLACE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH. REPLACE OIL FILTER AND OIL.REPLACE COOLANT. RETEST OK. ROADTEST OVER NIGHT ,NO MESSAGE AT DASH BOARD LOW OIL PRESSURE.

Customer Comment  

7 hours ago, Steve Mutter said:

The truck I am working on just turned into an engine job, They took the truck well I was waiting for parts and it came back locked up and full of metal. 

Are parts even available?

On 10/29/2021 at 9:23 PM, Steve Mutter said:

Yep, they had two long blocks in Bramalea and nothing back ordered that I know about. 

Count yourself lucky!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well the job is done, went not bad just a lot of learning. I still can't get over the response I got from the hotline, they told me that even if the oil change is done properly it can still damage "the rub nub" in the oil cooler housing. How could they not update that part so that it doesn't damage the engine. 

• 2 months later...