Fuel Prices

Rate this topic

mchan68

What are fuel prices in your neck of the woods? As of this writing, we're at $1.85 CDN for 87 octane gas, and $1.97 CDN for diesel. 

We are $1.64 currently, was at $1.77 yesterday. Our beloved Alberta Premiere is supposed to drop the tax on fuel April 1, for a 13 cent drop.

16 hours ago, Ford Doctor said:

I take it these prices are Canadian / Litre?  Prices are outta hand here in the States. Fortunately, I own a Fusion Energi and fill my tank every 2-3 months. 

How. Much has your energy bill gone up? Ours has risen because the cost to produce it has gone up. We are supposed to be getting a tax break starting the April 1. The cost of gas and electricity are supposed to have the provincial taxes removed temporarily.  

A friend of ours in Camas Washington says they pay $8 a gallon!! That's crazy.

1 hour ago, lmorris said:

YIKES!!!😲 By my math, that converts to $2.73 CDN per litre!!! And I thought fuel has always been cheaper in the U.S.

21 hours ago, lmorris said:

How. Much has your energy bill gone up? Ours has risen because the cost to produce it has gone up. We are supposed to be getting a tax break starting the April 1. The cost of gas and electricity are supposed to have the provincial taxes removed temporarily.  

Energy costs have been rising since the day Brandon was installed. Once that happens the cost of pretty much everything else rises because most things require fuel to ship. The most noticeable place you see this is in your monthly budget for food and supplies, not just filling the car with gas or heating the house. I heat with natural gas and that has risen too.

Gas here was $4.00 per gal now down to $3.96    (Minnesota)

Natural gas for house heat way up. My highest bill this winter almost doubled. of last winters highest.

Electric bill up too. 

Very noticeable increase at grocery store

On 3/18/2022 at 2:50 PM, Keith Browning said:

Fuel station on the way to work today $4.39 credit - $4.29 cash for regular. That was all they were selling.

Now I'm starting to think I heard it wrong. $8 a gallon does seem high. Even for premium fuel. 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, forddieseldoctor said:

Picture from a month or two ago.  0CDF3DB8-9B88-4FE8-BF20-98D9AE0BFF5F.thumb.jpeg.68c14dc794b5831c0bf8fb18b2b15840.jpeg

If I did the math correctly, that works out to $0.96/L, or $3.64.9/gallon.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:40 PM, mchan68 said:

If I did the math correctly, that works out to $0.96/L, or $3.64.9/gallon.

My bad. I forgot to say that was red off road diesel. And yes it has gone up at least a buck a gallon for off road since then. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, cbriggs said:

209.9 / Liter here. Works out to $7.90/ US gallon

Is that converted to US dollars?