Trouble programming?

Rate this topic

anyone have trouble reprogramming the 6.4 for the "flame delete" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif The IDS will go through the whole process (which is much differnt than the typical programming we are all used to) but once done if you go back into module programming it still says there is an updated calibration for the vehicle. anyone experence this? On another vehicle I also got an error saying the vehicle did not except programming and started over. It was fine the next go around.

I'm hearing that you should have the "RO" feature turned on, on the IDS. this way you could verify the VIN. If the VIN isnt there, it may not program. Make sure to input it before going any further. Also, make sure to check and erase ALL CMDTC's to "sync" the modules on the networks..

You can call up the documents for 07S49 on OASIS... Attachment V is a question and answer type sheet that covers some good material. Programming issues are addressed in question 9.

• 2 weeks later...

called in to todays diesel talk live broadcast to get an answer on this. they took down my info and called me back later in the day. Its supposed to be normal if you dont close the programming tool screen. which I do then clear codes. i have even closed the session and reopend. dunno I am going to get a truck in here and try what they suggested and if it doesnt work I will call back.

The only problem I have experienced was a VCM communication issue I created by unplugging the USB cable. But I did a lot of things during that afternoon. One thing that I did notice is that you should limit programming to it's own session because when you are done, the IDS/ECM seem to be stuck in time - the time when you first hooked up to the vehicle. I noticed that after programming and ending the session, deleting it and then beginning a new one I experienced no further problems. My point is I guess I learned the same thing that "they" were recommending you try.

And... who the hell has time to stop working and watch these programs in the middle of the day? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif IF they turned these into web casts I might be able to watch at my toolbox in my bay otherwise I have to catch them off of the PTS web site!

yeah I got paid to drop what I was doing to go watch it. problem is I stayed about 2hours late catching up from the loss of time working.

Figured this one out. you need to exit and delete the session and restart a new one before it will tell you it has the latest calibration. just food for thought