Stepping down as a tech

Rate this topic

sdv4x4

As I sit at home recovering from my 3rd surgery in 26 years at the same dealer as a tech. It’s bittersweet as my mind wants to keep going but the body says no more. The owners said they will come up with something for me. It’s definitely nerve racking leaving the position I’ve done for 30 years between 2 jobs. I’m only 47. 
so guys, take care of your body. The flat rate has ruined mine over the years. 

That's a tough one, hope your recovery goes good. I am 45 and only had one shoulder surgery so far, I know how you feel about changing jobs. The doctor asked me if I plan on doing this the rest of my life, kind of put me in shock because I don't know what else to do for a living. 

• 1 month later...

Look after your bodies gentlemen....you only have ONE. NOTHING in life is worth risking or compromising or your health.

I know it's hard to imagine doing something else, but the automotive industry is gigantic.   The jobs are endless.   It's also a great time to be job hunting.  Employers are starving for good people.   

Good luck in your next venture.

Joe