Some people...

Rate this topic

I love that thread as a source of amusement.

I wish I had more to offer on diagnostics for you guys, but Ford cut Nav completely out of the picture when it came to the aftertreatment system. Ford & Siemens worked on those controls, so we'll have to wait for the OBDII Theory and Operation details.

- Jay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of sheer boredom (and the fact that I'm too lazy to go outside and pick up that freaking hammer), I revisited this thread on the weiner website..... bozo is still trying to get this thing going!!!

If it took a dork to start that project... it must take a magnificent dork to carry it for this long....

I went back today for the first time in a while, and it seems more and more "brilliant" folk are making some rather interesting suggestions.

Have none of you guys membered-up on that site to join the discussion yet? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Quote:
Have none of you guys membered-up on that site to join the discussion yet?

I actually recently signed up. I regularly view the statistics for this web site and I see when, and where visitors come from by domain name and I.P address. I have always thought that PowerStroke.org was a more refined site. Don't ask me why. I know, its stupid but I did. A recent spike in hits coming from the site got me to go looking at what was generating the sudden traffic... it was the 6.4L flame video. (I wish I could thank the guy that shot that!) Boy, was I surprised that that site is the biggest gathering of, um, no comment.

Oh yeah, I have twice started writing a response to posts on that particular topic then I realized I would either get flamed or ignored.

I first "met" this forum on UseNet... As I recall, I called the poster a "spammy bastuhd" - he replied that he has nothing to do with the site but still appears to be in the upper hierarchy of the place....

My first couple of visits to the place had me nothing less than aghast.... Cavalier attitudes towards enviromental responsibility, requests for aid in fraudulent behaviour.... you name it...

No, I'm not a prissy prick.... I just happen to think that telling the truth and accepting the consequences is the right thing to do... My mouth gets me in trouble a lot.... but I admit my mistakes and build from them (often only to make bigger and better mistakes)...

This is the only site I have any desire to participate in. It's sites like powerstroke.org that just turn me off. Idiots like these always refering to us professionals who work at "stealerships" and they )the idiots)don't even have the slightest amount of intelligence as to how to maintain their vehicles properly let alone drive them. "Oxygen Thiefs"! Fuck, I need another drink. My blood starts to boil when I talk to and/or about retards like this.

Dwayne... you are missing the point.... people like this can make "great sport"..... I get hours of enjoyment out of something simple like "why is an open weave filter so much better?"....

Hmmmm... "kodaman" might appear on TDS again if Mr Seagrams demands....

Anyone here registered with iATN???? (Well I do recognize a couple or so names).... Some of the help requests there are great..... These guys refuse to purchase documentation and still think they can fix this stuff.... The requests usually start with "I don't know much about diesels...." and go bad from there...

You know, you are right about the cheap entertainment on these websites. I find that I start to steam up when customers of the high performance chop shops come in and actually try to pry me for informantion and ask me stupid things like: "What do I gotta do to cut that crap out of there and get some fuel mileage"? That question was one brought to me this last weak by a customer who just purchased a 6.4L from us. His last four trucks have all been chipped, piped, opened up and juiced up. I black flagged one of his trucks a year ago and he still hasn't learned. I just shake my head now and answer them all back with extremely sarcastic comments like: I guess you could wrap a chain around the exhaust and the other end to a tree and drive away.

Anyway, you are right Jim. It is amusing cheap entertainment. Just not when it actually happens in your selling area. Because you know damn well the D.P. is going to say: Well you know he is a really good customer.

Is he really?

Oh and by the way, I keep following that thread to see what the idiot is going to do next. Can't wait to find out how much it eventually costs him.

And don't go thinking I get extremely mad. It's more disgust than anything. My words just come out that way.

What I don't understand is the governments "tampering laws"? Thought it was a huge fine for removing emmissions control devices? Or does that only apply if you are getting PAID to do it as in a shop?

Seems to me the government needs to put some teeth in those laws and hang a few of these idiots. A couple of $50-100K fines would slow the rampant mods that exist. I know someone will scream about "big brother" controlling our lives but the "law" is the law last I heard. Why the double standard?

Has anyone here ever witnessed a shop actually getting fined for removing/replacing a converter with a test pipe or plugging an EGR hose like we used to do on occasion?

We had a customer come in with a F-250 6.0, it had every mod you could think of, propane, nitrous, the whole bullydog kit, ported injectors ( he said ). his degas bottle was overflowing and truck was overheating.... our manager turned him away and said there is no way we are covering that, heres the customer pay price to to start diag. When he left there was the biggest cloud of back smoke in front of the "stealership" as he called us.... whos regulating that?

The absolute best line in some 28 pages of moronic drivel

"but don't take me for a fool"

I can't possibly get upset about that clown or the shmoes that praise his braveness at being "the first"

The boob hasn't had a properly running truck for almost 2 months, that in itself is funny as hell! Posted Image

There is a word for him and his kind.

Posted Image

Just read page 28 and reminded me of a "turning a blind eye" incident. '02 7.3l with a cracked block. Truck is modified to the gills. Called the hotline for prior approval and the first question out of the guys mouth is what size tires are on it? I swear the guy had a crystal ball or something, cause the truck had 35's or bigger can't remember now. Then he wants to know the other mods. ends up telling me if I can short block it for the cost cap then nothing will be said. Wow... guy got his truck fixed for $100.

Alright. I just visited that thread again, much longer than I last saw. Who is "blacksnapon" and what are you trying to do? Wreck the thread with intelligence? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif Hmmm, 31 years in the business... anyone from this site? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif Then again, now that it looks like we won't get pummled...

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I was looking at that about an hour ago (instead of working on my house, no less)... What is a GM district manager (I'm having a problem with that claim) doing with a Ford and why has he acted like a sophomore????

He has proven that there isn't anything you can't do with a low IQ and a lot of money....

And everyone is patting him on the back...

Oh, yeah.... "My stable" includes a 67 Satellite 383 (driven about 4 hours this year), a 69 Charger 440... hasn't even been turned over this year, a 69 RoadRunner 500 inch stroker work in progress. The 06 Vette and the 06 SRT10 don't count since they are "in tact" emissions wise.... Gawd, I love playing with other peoples money....

Universal anti-tampering laws..... if ya wanna be racey, go to the track.... if you wanna be fast, keep it there.

I actually wish this wiener lived on my street.... He'd get the "GrampyJim Good Neighbour of the Year Award"....

Used to be I'd say "too soon old and too late smart".... I think I can change that to "too much money, not enough brains".

I guess I'm guilty of the infamous "blacksnapon" remarks. I couldn't stand it any more. I've never seen that many "short bus" riders on one forum.

And welcome to the DTS! You don't know how many times I almost entered a reply on that topic/site. I actually did type one out but I fortunately stopped myself as it was late at night and after a few beers. I don't think I was lookin for a fight but I know my confidence was pumped up way to much to be objectionable. Probably would have been perfect tough!