Bio powered jet...

Rate this topic

I read the story that you linked, then 15 minutes later the story ran on CNN. They promoted the reduction in CO2 as the reason for the change.

I wonder if there are any injection parts in a jet that can be harmed by bio. I suppose that they already have ways to manage the flow at cold temps.

Quote: Manufacturers such as Fairfield, Conn.-based General Electric and London-based Rolls-Royce Group Plc, the world's two largest jet engine makers, are increasing fuel efficiency as they test biofuels that reduce carbon emissions.

The nice thing about that whole situation is that the companies that produce jet engines are helping the airline companies research the technology. And they are not falling into the pressures of the big gready oil companies. All the power to them.

"This is your captain speaking. We are experiencing technical difficulties. We are trying to repair a gelling and fat clogging problem. We anticipate being able to fix this issue shortly. If the worst happens, we will be easy to locate, because of the heavy french fry odor!"

In the unlikely event of a water landing your seat cushion can also be used as a flotation device so please take it with you as you exit the plane, please hold the cushion firmly and kick paddle,kick paddle,kick paddle until you reach shore.You my keep the cushion as a thank you gift for flying Virgin Atlantic Airlines.

Yeah let me guess...Return the peanuts when you reach shore, we are cutting back on expenses...

On a more serious note...I found this web site, lots of interesting info here.

http://www.greenflightinternational.com/index.htm

Boy oh boy can you think if this was expanded to the military, this could really piss off the enemy's in Irag. Bio powered planes,tanks,hummers and all the rest. The whole desert would smell like Mcdonalds fries. And the best thing would be that they are getting their ass kicked by their own fuel.