new f150 diesel

Rate this topic

robp823

Google "F150 diesel" and you will find lots of info about it. The last I heard, it was cancelled, but with high fuel prices, maybe it will be revived. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

I was told by my FSE that they "can't get it right," and also that it doesn't look promising. Durmax's 6cylinder looks very promising with 510ft/lb torque and can fit in a light truck /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hahaha.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ford.gif. But ford's is probably gonna get scrapped.

Several months ago a little birdie told me that the light duty diesel was not etched in stone despite the testing that was going on. Two articles came across the Diesel Mentor news feeds last week stating that Toyota has scrapped their diesel engine plans.

Wow... I feel like I've dropped out of the loop.... So - we ain't gonna see a 2009.5 diesel F150? Where does that leave the 2010 "big" diesel for the Sooper Doodies

Super-doodies will be getting the 6.7L which will have less plumbing than the 6.4 and more tech friendly.

This is really hard for an old fart to grasp.... for a long time I have felt that the future of the ottocycle engine was the diesel.... One has to wonder if clean air requirements are the reason or ?????

Well, I read an article that a german company has made a after treatment system for coal mine smoke stacks that reclaim 95% of the negative pollution by injecting oxygen into the collection system turning it into a slurry. The slurry will then be disposed and walla, coal mine emmisions are reduced by 95%.

As far as super-doodies are concerned....i cant wait to see truck owners peeing in the urea injection resevoir. LoL.

Press Release:

"New ford Super-Duty's will come with a 64oz big gulp for those long haul's where you cannot find urea injection fluid. Just simply fill it with you favorite beverage wait 30minutes and use the Ford authorized funnel, gloves and splash shield to refill the resevoir."

My question is if urea is basicaly piss how they going to keep it in a liquid state at -35 or colder as we have here in the north? I can see someone freezing there dink to the filler when they try a road side refill!!! LOL

Speaking of light duty diesels... the last Cummins course I attended, we were shown pictures of their up-coming V6 and V8 engines... I don't remember the displacement, but they are overhead cam engines with nasty looking timing chain set-ups...

• 1 month later...

Press Release:

"New ford Super-Duty's will come with a 64oz big gulp for those long haul's where you cannot find urea injection fluid. Just simply fill it with you favorite beverage wait 30minutes and use the Ford authorized funnel, gloves and splash shield to refill the resevoir."

Ford authorized funnel... this is the one for the capless fuel filler necks?????

• 2 weeks later...

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/10dief150spy/1002842636

I'm not terribly familiar with diesels in general, but I don't recall ever seeing any with a tachometer that reads higher than 4,000 RPM. Just my /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/2cents.gif

The European diesels have been alot higher reving then the light industrial engines we have been familiar with over here. I have an 83 nissan ld28 ohc diesel that is good to just over 4500rpm.. the more refined we can make these engines the higher they will rev and the more power they will make. Small displacement, high reving and quiet is what we have to look forward to if we actually see more of the european engines!