2006 lcf coolant mixing with oil

Rate this topic

2006 lcf customer says coolant is mixing with the oil. degas bottle was low and coolant actually looked green and sparkling like there was metal contamination. pressure tested cooling system cold and holds pressure did not do it hot yet. pulled dipstick and oil looked white/grayish and black.Also pulled oil cap and the bottom was all milky so was the inside of the valve covers from what i could see. could i have a cavitation issue possibly? or condensation?any help always appreciated.

Well I have limited hands on with the LCF but if it loses that much pressure in 20mins I'd think you have a fair sized leak on your hands. If nothing externally, you could drop the oil and pressure it up and see if you have anything out the drain plug. At least that way you'll have an idea where to go after that.

2006 lcf customer says coolant is mixing with the oil. degas bottle was low and coolant actually looked green and sparkling like there was metal contamination. pressure tested cooling system cold and holds pressure did not do it hot yet. pulled dipstick and oil looked white/grayish and black.Also pulled oil cap and the bottom was all milky so was the inside of the valve covers from what i could see. could i have a cavitation issue possibly? or condensation?any help always appreciated.

I have seen Sick-o's do this and it is always head gaskets. Open a valve cover and their milky as hell. I would do some head gasket diag on that puppy.

Ok yea, and its freezing here right now in the norheast, but why would they fill the breather with goo???It does not have any kind of breather ive ever seen on it. Its a metal one ,the ones i usually see are plastic. Dont the ones for the recall usually have wires coming off them??

06B40 - In some of the affected vehicles, the engine crankcase ventilation system could form sludge and moisture that may freeze at temperatures below 20 degrees F. This could potentially create a blockage in the crankcase ventilation system that could create an engine oil consumption concern.

Posted Image

Quote:
06B40 - In some of the affected vehicles, the engine crankcase ventilation system could form sludge and moisture that may freeze at temperatures below 20 degrees F. This could potentially create a blockage in the crankcase ventilation system that could create an engine oil consumption concern.

I remember the update for these real good, The first batch of LCF's we got in had the old breather setup on them. They would accumulate moisture and freeze and in worst cases the engine would run away and grenade. We replaced a couple of engines for this. The funny thing about this is that the customer that owned these trucks was Isuzu and they were doing testing on them. Isuzu actually inquired about the breathers on these and wanted to get this set up to test, needless to say they changed their minds rather quickly. Not to mention parts weren't available at the time.