08-11-3 tools

Rate this topic

does anyone know where i can get the adaptors and hand pump for testing bottle and cap???Also the inline adaptor for hooking the pvt up to measure cooling system pressure and the cone shaped rubber fitting to test oil coolers???I asked my manager to get them but he is 80 years old and obviosly doesnt give a fuck

I used our shop rad pressure tester, removed the clamp from the small hose to the rad adapter and then you can get a tee and a small length of proper diameter hose to then hook up your modified pressure tester to the overflow bottle fitting and vent hose. Use mini-clamps to hold the hoses on where appropriate, then when done testing, just clamp the previously removed rad adapter back to the hose end using one of the mini-clamps. I have not needed(yet)to test the oil cooler, but have a couple of cone shaped fittings on hand from various tools that would work. If you want to drive with the guage in sight, you will need to add a length of hose to the made-up rig for the overflow bottle.

To test the bottle and cap I use an air pressure regulator with some hose. I keep it closed and hook up the shop air and slowly open it until I slowly reach 16 psi. It works just fine for me. I use the same regulator when testing the EGR coolers. I paid $4 dollars for the regulator and got the hose free with the air adapters from the shop. It works great. I never test the oil cooler with the radkit thing because I've seen one pass that test. The engine gets re assembled and road tested and the temp spread is like 17*F. I monitor pids on initial road test.