6.7L Scorpion® Diesel Engines Thread?

Rate this topic

I have also just heard that the 4.4L is a definite go now and will also be available in the Econoline along with the F150/250 and Expedition. This is an unsubstantiated rumor of course but it comes from a good source. Don't shoot me if I am wrong... just passing on what I hear.

Sounds like someone got a late April Fools joke...........

In my just ended career (lay offs....) I saw a 6.7 mule at the AZ proving grounds several months back. It's not cool to snoop at an engineering center but I caught a funky front end SD with the hood up and walked slowly by and saw enough to know it was not anything sourced from IH. So they have been sorting these out for a while. Not enough of a look to see what serviceability it might have compared to the IH motors. I wanted to look under it to see if the transmission was different but I would have to fake a fainting to spell to have a good reason to be laying on the ground near one of those mules. Maybe my snooping got me laid off.......

Anyone click on the hyperlink in the article pointing to the published patent application? The application is for a starter motor control circuit...

Those are pressure transducers for us to use in conjunction with the production sensor package. They will not be there on the version you guys will have the pleasure of working on.

I keep seeing the year 2011 thrown around. I thought they were going to end the 6.4 in 2010. Does this mean Ford is going to skip the '10 year model like they did the '98 model Super duty?

IIRC, according to law anything produced after January 1 can be titled for the following year. That's how they skipped 1998 F-350s, they built 1997s into late 1997 and '99's were released shortly after that.

Posted Image