Scorpion or Power Stroke?

Rate this topic

• 3 weeks later...

That was the last I heard. Ford owns the Powerstroke name and has a lot invested in it. The manager apparently prefers to name his projects after animals (like the 4.4L Lion diesel that is on indefinite hold for the F-150). We are currently working on combining 6.0L and 6.4L into one class to get rid of our "aging" 6.0L trucks. It looks like we might be doing the pilot for the 6.7L at the truck plant in order to get a vehicle in time. It would be cool to get a tour of the place.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing that concerns me is the training planner goes all the way to December, and I show no classes for the 6.7, which is slated to begin production in February, from what the president of Ford Canada told me a couple weeks ago when he was at our shop.

I spoke to our fse about traing on the 6.7 and he informed me that we would not be any classes until after launch. I expressed some dissapointment in this as I thought that the 6.4 training really helped me out with the 6.4 when it came out. He also said that the 6.0 and 6.4 will become one class. I guess that we will be winging this one just like the 6.0.

not be any classes until after launch

This sounds like a hell of a good idea. Unless the 6.7 uses a quite similar engine management and fuel delivery system as the 6.4, not only could this be a dangerous operation, but a costly one for Ford, too.

Let me guess, no shop manuals till after it comes out, either?

Posted Image

"Just order me one of everything, that oughta fix 'er up."

Then I gotta take a whiz in the fuel tank, and she'll be good to roll again.

Posted Image

Aaron... are you sure that you whizzing in the fuel tank is going to deliver urea? Or will it result in a clear blue flame that they can't extinguish?

• 1 month later...

Ford owns the Power Stroke brand,,,,,,I see alots of complaints, but if there is a perfect motor, we would be out of a job. Complain all you want but the 6.0L and the 6.4L motors are better than the others out there,,,at least my truck works hard and sitting at @156K so far on the 05 SD, great truck.

at least my truck works hard and sitting at @156K so far on the 05 SD, great truck.

Good deal Lee Posted Image, Have you owned it since new? I know quite a few 6.0 owners that are pretty happy with their trucks. If used for what they are meant to they seem to be pretty good. What kind of driving/hauling do you do? By the way glad to see you posting! Posted Image

Originally Posted By: rockymtn003
at least my truck works hard and sitting at @156K so far on the 05 SD, great truck.

Good deal Lee Posted Image, Have you owned it since new? I know quite a few 6.0 owners that are pretty happy with their trucks. If used for what they are meant to they seem to be pretty good. What kind of driving/hauling do you do? By the way glad to see you posting! Posted Image

yup...got an 04 in the family and its clocked 145k and not one problem. maintained how and when I say and its good to go. no worrys on it running at least 300k

Holy shit, Did anyone notice around the :51 second mark the emblem? 6.7 Powerstroke B20. ???? Is Ford going to recognize B20? Posted Image

In a word..... yep. This is going to be one of their advertising hinges, I am sure... Most of their pre-release propoganda mentions the B-20 blessing. What that is going to mean for us igloo dwellers is beyond me, as yet... But I've seen what happens to cooking oil left in the back of the truck for a few winter hours..

Having been dragged, sometimes kicking and screaming, through all of the permutations of Micro$oft operating systems from IBM DOS through MS DOS and how many fucking variations on Windoze???? One thing I have seen as being very true...

The operating system has always been hard enough to screw up the hardware... Windoze 6.0... Windoze 6.4 and now... Windoze 6.7... things change... but they will forever remain the same.

I am with you on the bio-diesel jim. I think it is maybe a good alternative fuel just not yet. My experience so far is that it is very hard on fuel systems, constantly plugs fuel filters. And whatever you do dont get near the truck with your ice cream cone because your tank will turn to jelly at once. All of the fuel pumps at the stations here have signs stuck to them in about october to april stating "this station is not responsible for the performance of bio-diesel in cold weather"

A recurring theme in vegetarian truck discussions is how biodiesel can scour the fuel system clean...

Also, many of my detractors find it hard to admit that temps can fall as low as freezing... let alone continue to plummet to -40 and colder...

I'd love to see something other than petroleum resources fueling both our nations motorways... at the same time, the appropriate taxes should be paid...

I am tired of supporting the underground economy...