08 6.4 runs rough intermit. p0088

Rate this topic

113000 miles, Run great at times. other times it starts chugging wont go over 40mph. No smoke out tailpipe when acting up. Only code is p0088. Will act as if exhaust is plugged. Monitered high pressure fuel...all normal readings. Has anyone had issues with the fuel pressure control valve? Everything test out fine witht the pinpoint test for this code. Oil is full and clean, Truck has a long history of injectors and turbo work done in past at another dealer. Thanks for any help.

I have replaced quite a few injection pumps for this concern. The fuel pressure regulator valve will stick in them and cause high fuel pressure momentarily. Monitor your fuel rail pressure and fuel rail pressure desired pids and make a recording of them during the concern. You will probably find it a few thousand psi off at times. Make sure you base pressure fuel system is operating properly and that the fuel is good with not water in it.

Oh joy, oh rapture. 13k miles out of diesel engine warranty. Wonder what the customer thinks about this little gem?

Yes, I too would be very interested in knowing what the hooping will be in labour hours RETAIL to the customer for this, seeing as how I have ZERO 6.4L experience.

• 2 weeks later...