2010 Spy Pics

Rate this topic

Te cast oil panis an interesting turn... but that exhaust tip??? Aside from it's fugliness one has to wonder what the expected temps during a regen are going to be like... and is it just me, or is the diameter a tad "lacking"?

In all honesty , Kieth... my wife insists that it must be a long time since I last had the ability to "see" anything.. I ain't no spring chicken and this particular love machine has a really long range fuel tank (if you catch my drift).

All the same, judging by the size of the park aid sensor, the pipe looks to be a whisker over 2.75" (about 70mm or a little over 1/8th of a cubit if you are as old as people consider me). The cheezy looking bell on the end maybe 3 and a quarterish inches (about 2.675e-18 parsecs if you watch too much science fiction). Not much compared to what we got used to with the 6.4.

That makes sense. We need to remember that this truck is a test vehicle we are looking at. And now that you mention it, this truck does have a DPF (right?) by looking at it, though, that after treatment system looks familiar but it is quite different. If it has to regenerate there will be a need to diffuse heat at the tailpipe. I recall seeing Duramax tailpipes that look like trumpets with air inlet holes.

A provision for a quick connect or positive seal is something I hadn't really considered... But am I missing something on the diameter thing? At one atmosphere of boost, this motor is going to 'think' it displaces something over 12 liters. I can't see the engineers overlooking an exhaust restriction, but it has me wondering, at the very least...

I wonder if the SRC is going to be upstream or downstream of what aftertreatments?

The tailpipe is just a normal pipe with a marmon flange so we can easily hook to the emissions bench. The production piece will be different. I cant speak for this truck but the exhaust on my trucks looks the same and it is larger than Jim's estimates. Dont forget a lot of the exhaust will be going back into the engine.

The X######## number on the bottom of the trans is so we know which TRID file(dont know if you guys have to deal with that) to request from trans engineering once it is installed.

I think we need TRID files on some of the six speeds...I seem to recall having to download something solenoid pack/strategy specific, and I remember the term TRID somewhere along those lines.

Better stop posting photos of the stuff with part numbers on it, or Larry will have one built before they are even in production Posted Image

Craig one of the owners here looked at the new SST turbo. The only thing he could say....."Holy shit batman" I don't know if that's good or bad. It's about time they went to the 6 bolt heads. From reading the article, the way it describes the intake setup looks like it won't have a air to air cooler.

I think some of the pics are cut-aways... certainly the thought of having fuel lines that can build 30,000 PSI unprotected gives me the willies (don't make me repost a picture of <the hand>.... )

I think that it is a travesty that Ford is making us conjecture like this...

I think it is important to make sure that the boot your are pissing on today isn't attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.