Ambulance runs like s#@t on 1,3,5,7 cyls

Rate this topic

Have f-450 2007 ambulance.When off idle ,power balance shows

1,3,5,7 cyls wack.Ran the bubble test as seen in the article section ,but saw no bubbles.Customer states that when it warms up,problem disappears.Passes koeo and koer test and buzz test.fuel presure good under load.Performed ficm update,believe it or not this had never been done,Truck seems to run better when cold but not solved.This leads me to believe I have some bad injectors.REmember something about fuel rail dampener sticking,broke causing issues on one bank.What do you guys think?

Kelly by what you reposrt I would bet on injectors myself if all other diagnostics pass.

I currently have a van in my bay that was recently in for a no start that needed injectors on bank 2. It has come back and now it lacks power cold but runs great hot. It needed the injectors in bank 1 to correct that issue. Since I did not get to drive this van with the original injectors my guess it recently ran poorly cold before one injector failed on bank 2 causing the no start.

I would still pay attention to the fuel filters and the tank as suggested. The fuel tanks in these trucks rust...

Thanks.TheWhen I drove the truck with fuel pressure gauge taped to window,fuel pressure went down to 48psi.also truck with not boost over 18 at wot.Does this seem normal.Thanks for replying,because I known this subject has been covered before.

Glad you got it fixed! Aren't E-series injectors FUUUUUUUUHHHHHN?

Posted Image

Yes, good job!

I seem to have attracted a lot of Econolines needing injectors lately. Posted Image

It is definitely having a negative affect on my morale. Posted Image

• 2 months later...

Hi, this my first post on this site. I had an 07 e350 box lance about a week ago

with pretty much the same concern. Anyway after all diags and tests all 8 injectors and holddowns fixed it. At my shop we see our fair share of 6.0 injectors. Our fleet is mostly eseries, some duramax vans and 2 fseries-which to me is like a vacation compared to the econoline-when it comes to doing injectors that is.

I actually like doing injectors in the e series. They pay alot better than the f series. Lucky for me though we do not work on any ambulances or any other kind of modified e series usually. 95% of them are regular panel vans with no add ons.

I didn't know there were E-Series out there that aren't either school busses or ambulances.