99 f-350 high idle

Rate this topic

robp823

99 f-350 V-10.Well i got this one thrown into my lap today.Customer had heads off due to spark plugs breaking and had to put 2 new valves in one of the heads.When you start the truck up its goes right to 3 grand and stays there.If you give it throttle it will climb and wont come back down.So just for the hell of it i had a spare IAC so i swapped it out.Started up , idled rough a couple seconds then stalled.Started it back up again went right to 3 grand again and stayed there.shut it off Start looking around the engine for anything obvious and nothin.So i started thinking maybe its sucking air somewhere it shouldnt.So i went to start it again and it dies and all i smell is fuel.Went to start again and the starter takes a shit.No codes, when it did run SFT are at -7.

The only I've got that comes to mind is.....you seem to get all the shit work! Hope your dealer and comrades value your presence in the shop. Posted Image

If I was there and you decided to pack it in, I would do whatever possible to change your mind, so I wouldn't have to work on them junkers.

By the way unplug the MAF and see what happens.

Brad i appreciate your kind words, that means alot especially when your somewhat new at this and dont here it often. the first thing i did was unplug the maf and no change.mchan, i took a quick peak at the pcv hose and the protective covering over it was all torn and what not.Ill get a better look tommarow.Where is a good place to ingest this pig with some smoke?

mchan, i took a quick peak at the pcv hose and the protective covering over it was all torn and what not.Ill get a better look tommarow.Where is a good place to ingest this pig with some smoke?

Remove the air inlet and cover the openings at the throttle body and hose ends with the plastic 6.0L turbo protective plastic block-offs, and find a suitablably sized opening to fill the intake with smoke.