Fun With Clunkers

Rate this topic

sixturbosix

Whats the best thing you did with a cash for clunker?What engine or vehicle withstood the most abuse?The way we like to stress test our clunkers is drain oil pour in 2 to 3 quarts of the government additive stick a hood prop rod on the gas pedal and turn the key,works best when not equipped with rev limiter.Seen some inline six jeeps keep running after they threw multiple rods through the block.Going straight to full throttle with no idle time produced some long run times of up to several minutes.Great stress relief if your having a bad day.Also got enough gas out of them to last me for weeks.Great program.

I hope I don't seem obtuse or ignorant, but I have no idea what you mean. When I think of "Liquid Glass" I think of a brand of car polish my dad kept for years in his shop.

I hope I don't seem obtuse or ignorant, but I have no idea what you mean. When I think of "Liquid Glass" I think of a brand of car polish my dad kept for years in his shop.

I couldn't think of the "real" name for it, or how to spell it, for that mattter. LOL Posted Image

You could trade in REAL new shit on that program, as long as the economy it got was shitty.

Any hot rod guys in the bunch - there was a 1987 GNX clunkered.

Not a Grand National...but a fucking GNX.

I have the list, if Keith wants to host it.

What a Fantastic waste of perfectly good vehicles and parts. How does a guy with ideas like that get elected president anyway. Why destroy them? Have them sent to a dismantling yard and sell the parts to people that still that vintage of vehicle that needs parts, and try to make some of the money back they have thrown away in the last year.

What a Fantastic waste of perfectly good vehicles and parts. How does a guy with ideas like that get elected president anyway?

I couldn't agree more!!! This is why I'm glad I don't live in U.S. of A. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE!!! I think I saw one video where they "clunkered" an Oldsmobile Aurora owned by ONE owner that was LOW MILEAGE!!! I can understand rust buckets or smoke puffers, oil burners, and DEFINITELY those so-called "rice rockets" with those "fart can" exhausts (I would personally love to blow THOSE up, even if they weren't being traded in) that you see these young punks with those droopy drawers putting around in, thinking they're king shit.

Man you are SOWWWWWWWWOUR about them soup can cars, aren't cha Posted Image

Posted Image

Flint Michigan don't like them saggy ass pants wearin' mufukkas either Posted Image

I wouldn't say "sour". I just think those clowns are a little pathetic driving around in those little pieces of turds on wheels that I wouldn't put my signature on to pass a safety with, even if you were to put a gun to my head, making nuisances of themselves everywhere they go. Oh well, to each their own.

I hate the fuckin' things, myself.

"Yo brah, this is a ten second ride, yo!"

So....why's it my TRUE, LEGIT high ten second/low eleven second ride have time to get my timeslip, and be heading back up the return road while your shitbox is still working it's way past the stripe - you need to time them' fuggin things with a calendar Posted Image

You are not alone Mike, I think they sound like crap too. Annoying like a mosquito. Around here they are usually found on old shit box rice burners that also have a big assed kicker box in the back that makes the license plate rattle and buzz. Way cool junior!

I don't know where I originally came across this... watch and weep.

One mans treasure is another mans trash... You will find a young man with a piece of shit you wouldn't want to see your daughter riding in... but that car is precious to him because that's where he lost his viriginity. It's a car... cars are objects of passion... most often, there is no way of making sense of any of it.

I am working on my third Mustang..... ALL of my Mustangs have been red.... MOST of my Mustangs have been convertibles... Why? Someone please tell me...

The cars I remember most fondly were not the best cars in the world...

A 63 Parisienne convertible... went through oil at a horrendous rate... a buddy at a gas station would save me the oil drained from one car each day.... I was given a remote parking spot at my parents house because of the slime that dripped out of the road draught tube.... The wipers didn't work... but the radio and the power top did...

One mans clunker is another mans start at a Barret and Jackson slot...

While we are on the subject.... "Demolition derby". I have seen a lot of good parts cars destroyed in these travesties... I have seen a few good project cars destroyed in these travesties...

I wonder how some guys would feel if they saw a Maserati BiTurbo in one?

At some point in time, we will have to embrace the inevitable... whether we want to or not... At some point in time, an old car will becomes just that - an old car.

I can't recall when I first learned of THIS car - most of the articles I read about this car indicate that it is likely worth more in it's present condition than it would be as a frame off resto....

Or would the Venus de Milo be worth more with papier mache arms?

Yep.... didn't watch it to the end...

There is no point in displaying these videos... that car is simply a pile of plastic and metal... nothing more... it is a machine.... there is no more any glory...

Recently, an AC Shelby Cobra brought $400G on Barret Jackson... Now.... people see that old cars, stamps, coins, toilets, gaming tokens are worth money.

Is there a day that your truck (or mine) will be worth more than it is worth? Will it be worth more "stock" or "modified"?

We can gaze at our own navels for a long time and never be sure....

I'm not trying to "long cock" anyone.... but I really wish that people would begin thinking.... and I really can't see my truck fetching ANYTHING on barret-jackson

Originally Posted By: dieseldoc
What a Fantastic waste of perfectly good vehicles and parts. How does a guy with ideas like that get elected president anyway?
I couldn't agree more!!! This is why I'm glad I don't live in U.S. of A. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE!!! I think I saw one video where they "clunkered" an Oldsmobile Aurora owned by ONE owner that was LOW MILEAGE!!! I can understand rust buckets or smoke puffers, oil burners, and DEFINITELY those so-called "rice rockets" with those "fart can" exhausts (I would personally love to blow THOSE up, even if they weren't being traded in) that you see these young punks with those droopy drawers putting around in, thinking they're king shit.

I'm not saying it isn't a waste... but I don't think you appreciate the spirit of the program.... "THINK" is a really good word...

"Liquid Glass"

Waterglass is the term I remember... back when your daddy was a gleam in some old perverts eye, they would preserve eggs in it... they would use it to seal coolant leaks... sodium silicate... have fun with it, guys....

What blows me away.... the number of people that think this stuff is "new"....