Powdered metal rods

Rate this topic

A lot of the places in this area load the piss out of their food with MSG, and MSG is a migraine trigger for me.

The MSG free stuff that I am able to find that I do like is fairly decent, but seems to be few and far between, so as a general rule I just avoid it to avoid grief later.

MSG is another food group.... Also marketed under the trademark "Accent", it fell out of favour in the 80s.... Butter has been in and out of favour for many years... in the 80s, I insisted that we eat margarine,,, today, I refuse to eat something with a chemical formula that resembles plastic... Have you seen the containers that proudly proclaim "an edible petroleum product"? Yummmm

This thread is officially hijacked...

FWIW... stir fried foods are, IMHO, pretty good for you (much better than most fast food joints)... olive oil can be substituted but it's "smoke point" is lower than peanut oil.... if you reach smoke point, you food will take a burnt flavour...

When is the last time you saw a sick China man?

I eat a lot of "pungent" foods (capiscum is yet another food group).... I'm not the healthiest person in the world... but I don't live in the doctors waiting room either. I don't recall the last "sick day" I took...

Stay away from salt and sugar... everything on the shelf already has far too much of that shit in it....

Fuck me... this is now Gordon Ramsays forum....

Fuck me... this is now Gordon Ramsays forum....

Jim, You might like this one. Care of Gordon Ramsay.....

grow some bullocks and take control of your kitchen

But a question....What does this have to do with P.M.R.'s????

I sense that Jim may be interested in this topic and feels that the food related banter is distracting to the topic. As a group we do enjoy a little comedic relief but we do tend to inject a lot of off topic comments that we may want to consider toning down a little. I too am guilty of this. This is a great forum and I am not going to tell you gents how to behave but if we need to get silly lets post something new in the The Water Cooler forum... but, I do need to point out that the food comments did start with Mr. Warman and I quote:

While we need to keep an eye on the dirtymax.... it is the PSD that concerns us.... No sense in worrying about the chinese restaraunt if you are selling pizza...

Posted Image

I sense that Jim may be interested in this topic and feels that the food related banter is distracting to the topic. As a group we do enjoy a little comedic relief but we do tend to inject a lot of off topic comments that we may want to consider toning down a little. I too am guilty of this. This is a great forum and I am not going to tell you gents how to behave but if we need to get silly lets post something new in the The Water Cooler forum... but, I do need to point out that the food comments did start with Mr. Warman and I quote:

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman
While we need to keep an eye on the dirtymax.... it is the PSD that concerns us.... No sense in worrying about the chinese restaraunt if you are selling pizza...

Posted Image

Indeed... I take full responsibility...

Distractions, however, can claim even the best focused minds...