6.4 egr valve puller

Rate this topic

We have the new tool. And I must say........It's about freekin time they built a good puller! The new puller works great. Nice big beafy hooks or claws on it. You can put alot of force on it now. So far so good! Posted Image

I tried it today. Sploded the housing.

That's okay. Just keep telling your parts department to keep a good supply of 9E461 housings in stock along side of the 9D475s.

Originally Posted By: Aaron
I tried it today. Sploded the housing.

So he doesn't work if i understand Posted Image

No, the puller works just fine. Aaran probably just kept turning the ratchet untill the there was so much force on the EGR valve that the housing that the valve sits in just finally exploded from the force.

At least that's way I understand it.

Yep. The tool held together just fine.

Right before the housing failure, I had switched up to my 3' 1/2" drive snappy ratchet. I was tired of fucking around and not getting any results. I got some results. Posted Image

Quote:
That's okay. Just keep telling your parts department to keep a good supply of 9E461 housings in stock along side of the 9D475s.

First one I've ever had to change. And the common phrase in my parts room "Well, we've never sold one of those till you started here!" (6.0 flywheel bolts, TA-16 sealant, Unison rings, 6710 gaskets, 6.0 balancer bolts, dummy plug o-rings....)

First one I've ever had to change. And the common phrase in my parts room "Well, we've never sold one of those till you started here!" (6.0 flywheel bolts, TA-16 sealant, Unison rings, 6710 gaskets, 6.0 balancer bolts, dummy plug o-rings....)

Oh my parts department has my back. That's about the ONLY good thing I'll say about my store. I make thm stock FICMs, dummy rail plugs, EGR coolers, oil coolers, oil cooler kits, injectors ........

And, for the last two years I've worked there, I haven't had to pay for any parts for my own car (while everyone else has had to pay the cost plus 10%).

My truck has warranty :P

LOL

We've finally got it through the head of the parts manager we need to stock some stuff. He actually came up to me and asked what we should keep in stock for the winter, I was shocked.

Only thing that sucks he orders CHRA's on the stock order...sold 15 of the fucking things since MAY and he only keeps one in stock -- and once it's gone you're waiting till Friday to get another.

only thing that sucks he orders CHRA's on the stock order...sold 15 of the fucking things since MAY and he only keeps one in stock -- and once it's gone you're waiting till Friday to get another.

By my "old" standards. Shows I should keep 2-3 on the shelf. Once the demand dies it should have 1-2 for at least 12 months until it has no sales for 9-12 months. Then it would be order as needed. But I don't see the demand going down until it hits at least 10-12 years old and then I would think twice bout doing that to a CHRA. I have a ton of these on the shelf. P/S, IH and others that are avail.

• 4 months later...