6.0 tool kit part numbers

Rate this topic

Hey guys looking for some essential service tool kit numbers for the 6.0. Specifically the rotunda kit numbers on the boxes. Also curious what tools are absolutely necessary in the kits and which ones if they were missing are not a big deal. The reason I ask is I have several guys with 6.0s that are now off of warranty as well as several in our fleet. So I am watching on ebay for a good deal on the needed kits. Thanks a bunch guys.

What specifically do you need?

Front/Rear crank seal installers, IPR socket are a must.

And what do you already have?

Funny socket for a early build ICP, or the crow's foot socket...

Yep, the pics are dated 12/29/2003, taken as soon as I got them. They're still "pretty" clean, as they aren't used daily like yours are. IIRC, I paid about $500 for the set off of FleaBay.

Happy New Year!

Posted Image

Thanks bruce that is exactly what I needed. I am trying to do the same, pick them up on ebay. I dont have any 6.0 tooling yet and they are starting to show up on my door. So time to get the tooling, and IDS is in the very near future as well.

Hey has anyone noticed, in the shop manual, where it says not to modify that fuel pressure tester, it makes special mention to not modify the 3 feet of black rubber hose? I dont know about you fellows, but I don't have 3 feet of rubber hose after the 22ft of clear hose.

I dont recall if it is three feet, maybe it is but there is indeed a length of black hose on the end of mine which is the end you shove into the filler neck.

+1 Seems to me it's probably close to 3ft....use it almost daily!!

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid question. But does anyone know the global tool kit number for the one that has the injector wiring connector remover and the glow plug harness puller tool? I'm pretty sure both are in the same kit.

used mine today, it's gotta be 3 ft - as long as my arm!

The hose on my fuel pressure tester is NOWHERE near that long. How much do we think this is screwing with my fuel pressure readings?