Soooooooo...

Rate this topic

We've only sold two of them so far.

Had one in for a tire re-sizing (which I couldn't do, anyway because the tire size is out of range) as well as a drivability concern that the salesman couldn't duplicate, nor could I duplicate, with the customer. He complained of a 'jerkiness' at parking lot speeds. The customer, the salesman, myself, and hotline, all feel that this is likely because of the overly touchy pedal on the trucks.

one came in today,the other diesel guy got so I am not to sure what is going on,it came in with low def fluid,customer said he has added 10 liters and it did not last long till it read low agian,the other diesel tech filled the def tank and road tested for 50 kms with no problems,I just hope the customer did not add the def fluid to the diesel tank,time will tell on this one

We've sold one too. Only thing is, the tech that did the PDI failed to take it out of Transport Mode from what I understand.

Around 20 6.7 Super Duty sold here.

Got one limited to around 88 km/h and low DEF warning in the message center.

Cleared the code and refill the DEF tank and the truck was back on the road.

Some customer have say they do around 12-13 liters per 100 km.

A 5.4 F-150 do 15-16 ...

Seem to be a good one this time, but we will see that in the future.

6.4's broke off the hauler, too, in cold climates. Hot rod jockeys hammering the ass off of them before the turbos got oiled properly.

sold several here, cant keep them on the lot tpyically. Lots of them sold before they even roll off the transport.

My dad got one about a week ago. ended up being a very early build do. Im crossing my fingers its not a pile, I will NEVER hear the end of it if it is!! I did see in our history it had a gpcm installed for a check engine light at 400miles(sold at 600 miles) He puts anywhere from 1-3k miles on a month, lots of towing and hauling as well. He is taking it for a 1k roadtrip the end of the week so it will be a good test to see how it does. already says he is getting about 22mpg on the DTE but has only filled it once. His 2004 6.0 ran 18mpg unloaded on the highway with 165k miles. He did say he has seen the cluster flash cleaning dpf a couple times very quick then it will turn off, no notice in power loss of change in how its driving so not sure if thats a normal thing yet. Im glad I get to have first hand feedback with someone that owns one but so far I have yet to hear much bad feedback with them yet. most customers love them

We've sold quite a few. I've had to add friction modifier to one differential. I had one where the body builder installed Velvac mirrors and decided to cut the wiring to the environmental temperature sensor causing a CEL.

I had one where the body builder installed Velvac mirrors and decided to cut the wiring to the environmental temperature sensor causing a CEL.

When I saw where the sensor was, I knew that was going to happen!Posted Image

Posted Image

And that leads us to the obvious question as to what do you do in this situation? I am assuming that the sensor is not serviceable from the mirror... or removable to stick it elsewhere.

I figured that the sensor in the mirror was going to cause problems also, someone bashes the mirror off, then grabs one quick off an 08 in the yard to have a mirror on the truck, and now the CEL is on.

Or how about when the truck with the BLACK PLASTIC MIRROR on it sits in the sun all day...what's the Environment Temp Sensor gonna read then?

Yeah.... (Mr. customer) "My brand new truck has a check engine light on."

(Service advisor)"sure Mr.customer we'll be happy to look at that check engine light for you right away."

{service advisor)"The tech took a look at your truck and he tells me your check engine lights on because you need to replace your passenger side mirror" ........

Now just picture the look on the guys face when he gets told his check engine lights on because his mirror got broken.

Had one in for its first lof. Wow that is one expensive lof. It also had an oil leak, tech could not trace without dye, customer on his way to AK. so we cleaned and added dye for him. We asked that he stop at a dealer north of us for inspection.

I've had a few in for repair already... One had a P207F, DEF fluid contamination, and a message stating speed will be limited to 55mph in some number of miles. No pinpoint test for this conde. Called hotline, did a dosing test - ok. Replace NOX sensor. Sensor was on intergalactic backorder so by the time the customer returned for the part his vehicle was reporting that the vehicle will be idled at the next fillup, and he had 8 miles until empty..

Another one was a check engine light and P132B. Failed some pinpoint test step, referred to turbo replacement. Didn't feel right about it and contacted hotline again. Engineer came out and we reran the test, still failed. Went and did the same testing to a brand new unit and it failed the same test. This customer also complained about a low oil pressure warning at times, and I think the two are related. The VGT sweep test runs within the first 20 seconds of engine start. If there is no oil pressure, the VGT will not sweep and it will set a P132B... For now, hotline advised no repair and await a calibration update...

My confidence in the product remains consistant...

2211 - 6.7L DIESEL - INTERMITTENT LOW OIL PRESSURE WARNING MESSAGE AFTER LONG SOAK

SOME 2011 MODEL YEAR F-SUPER DUTY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6.7L DIESEL ENGINE MAY EXHIBIT A LOW OIL PRESSURE WARNING MESSAGE DURING INITIAL STARTUP. IF THE MESSAGE TURNS OFF WITHIN THE FIRST 10 SECONDS OF ENGINE OPERATION, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR. THIS MESSAGE GENERALLY OCCURS AFTER EXTENDED PERIODS OF VEHICLE INACTIVITY, (PARKED OVER NIGHT), AND THEN ONLY ON THE INITIAL ENGINE START OF THE DAY. THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A VEHICLE CHARACTERISTIC DUE TO THE UNIQUE DESIGN OF THE ENGINES OIL SYSTEM AND OIL PRESSURE SENDER LOCATION. ENGINE FUNCTION AND DURABILITY ARE NOT IMPACTED BY THIS CONCERN. IF THE WARNING MESSAGE DOES NOT GO OUT WITHIN 10 SECONDS, PERFORM NORMAL DIAGNOSTICS. ENGINEERING HAS REVIEWED CUSTOMER COMMENTS AND IS CURRENTLY DEVELOPING A SERVICE FIX TO RESOLVE THE PREMATURE WARNING MESSAGE WITHIN THE NEXT 90 DAYS.