05 350, dead pedal

Rate this topic

Customer states dead pedal after a steady state cruise, for about 30 seconds.

Seems to be after a long highway drive.

He said it's also been doing it more and more, around town as well now and not just after a steady state cruise.

He's swapped the interior out (entirely) with a Harley interior, including the pedals and the truck had the same concern before and after the pedals were swapped out.

Anybody seen anything like this? Of course, no codes, and unable to duplicate.

Thanks in advance fellows!

Checking an 08 e350 32339 miles on it for no pedal at all this very moment. Has a wrench light and check engine lt.

It had a shortblock installed at the dealer in april and a week later our shop up north had to replace the vgt pigtail.

I'm going to try a few things but i'm leaning towards a harness.

Has high idle function with e-brake and a whole mess of codes.

This is my first no pedal concern on a 6.0.

Yea, i found the blue wire for the vgt solenoid chaffed from rubbing on the dipstick tube, i repaired that. I also found the lower bulkhead connector very loose. Now i got a pedal, i dove it 3 miles to dinner and the pedal is fine, no stalling but it keeps giving a p0107 map baro correlation code anf pending code, the map is 15.7psi and the baro is 18.5. Koeo map is 16.5 and baro and ebp is at 14.6. The map hose is ok and clean and i swapped in a map sensor just to be sure. The hotline engineer was right on the money when he said there's a problem in the map signal return somewhere possibly at the splice. I manually checked vref and it's ok. Now i'm going to overlay the map sensor circuit and possibly the baro to-there's a hole in yhe bulkhead large enough to accomodate the 3 wires.

No dice on that. I was able to drive it 30 miles. It had lots of power, drove it pedal to the metal then on decel coming off of a bridge i lost the pedal and the wrench light came back on, i had just enough speed to get off the exit and safely park. Then the towtruck towed my ass back to the shop. Well i'll get back on it after the holiday.

I had a 6.o truck one time that had a map/baro correlation code. I found one of the pins for the map in the pcm corroded. It was very intermittent and I found it after a couple of utd's. It was never biased when the truck was here and I could never duplicated the concern. The complaint was the same as yours. Check engine light on and intermittently loses power.

Just to check , on Tues. i will swap in a pcm just to be sure, but i doubt it. I beleive i covered all other bases on this, unplugging sensors like icp, ebp etc when i first checked it and nothing changed until i repaired the chaffe then i had a pedal. I also load tested signal return circuit with all sensors on that line for map, baro, waterfuel etc unplugged with a lightbulb and it was ok.

• 1 month later...

All good now, new harnesses and ebp sensor tube replacement(tube twisted-from engine instalation) repaired concerns.

Then after all that it threw 2 injectors, one on each bank and it's a reman.

Aaron, I'm thinking either an IPR or ICP. I had one a long time ago(the IPR didn't fix it) with an intermitent dead pedal. The customer drove it with the VDR for three months and never got it to act up agian.