10S13

Rate this topic

mchan68

Posted Image

Off the hook ....

Posted Image

.... and into the shop. That's a little excessive negative camber, don't you think guys?

Posted Image

..... and now to set this bundle of joy up on the hoist, clean off all rusted areas, call the 1-800 Ford Support, order the fuckin' part and do the repair for 1.5 hours. CHA-CHING!!!!!

Parts even available yet?

That BFCF or BECF plate worries me... Indicates to me it wasn't plated that long ago... Which possibly means it wasn't safetied all that long ago... Howkd that get missed? Lol

That shit would sit outside till I had the fresh axle in my grubby little paws. Ford can't keep rotors and pads in stock for a flex... And that's a new vehicle!

I wrenched for 25 years in Cleveland so I know salt all too well. I spend a lot of time in south Florida and have made connections and friends in our trade down there through students.

The cleanliness of cars never ceases to amaze me down there.....

Posted Image

Off topic- if anyone is looking to invest in real estate or considering a vacation home, now is the time to buy in Florida. Condos in our association in Naples were selling for $250Kish 2 years ago (1200sf, 2BR, 2BA) and are now selling WELL under 100K, averaging 70K for "move in" condition and $40-60K when a kitchen or something is needed. My brother recently bought two units in our complex and is contemplating a third. There's an unbelievable amount of foreclosures and people "upside down" in FL which makes for a terrific opportunity for long range planning. I have pictures of our complex online if anyone is interested.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Replacement rear axles are expected to be available beginning January 2011.

Well we got 10 grounded now, and only about 40 parking spots for customer cars. There coming in about 2 a day......gonna be a long winter.

We have a new tech in our shop that just moved here to N.C.from New Hampshire this summer.He says most suspension and brake work takes twice as long to repair where he came from.He can't believe the difference in the amount of rust between there and here.He has an F150 and he had to break the rotors in half just to get them off his truck when he put new pads on it.Before he was done a brake line ruptured due to rust.It was they worst mess I had ever seen.I couldn't imagine going through that on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone done the repair kit yet? I did one yesterday(and the afternoon before). I didn't think it was really that bad. We got some paint brushes to use instead of painting rustproofing on with an acid brush. That made it a lot easier.

• 1 month later...

Dealer in Windsor is storing them at the defunct GM store across the street, all lined up on display row.

Looks like a Windbag DEALERSHIP. I had to laugh.

We've got a whack of 'em.

Anyone seen 11S16 yet? Front subframe recall?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's crazy that if the vehicle requires a subframe Ford isn't paying for it.

We've got 50-70 Windstars buried in snow by the edge of a forest that need to come in and have the subframe inspected. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

We have been doing some axles since we got a few palets of them and have been having a bitch of a time with a few. fuel pumps wont work,frozen batterys, one apperently has a headgasket issue and filled the cylinder with coolant while sitting,and just when almost all of them were clear of snow after last weeks warm weather, we got 6" of new snow today.

• 5 years later...

So I own a '00 Windstar and the 10S13 was done correctly as far as bracket spacing but it looks like some of the glue is coming loose. Are the new axles updated in design?

Mine does not appear to be cracked or damaged that I can tell. Any thoughts on getting the axle replaced under the 15N02, I am not opposed to coughing up $300 for a new axle but if the new ones are the same and if they don't just break if they are not structurally rusted I am not sure I see the point. Just curious what everyone else has been seeing.