Snap-on 6.4L turbo inlet pipe socket

Rate this topic

I had my hands on one Friday. My Snap-On dealer picked one up with me and my buddy Dan in mind as I we are at the only Ford dealer on his route. Nobody else around here is fixing these things" he says. I declined to purchase the socket as you really don't need it unless perhaps you are trying to get the turbo off with the cab in the way. All of the repairs I have done with the 6.4L have been cab-off. Since the r/s up tube and DOC are coming off anyway, the socket is not needed. It is nice though, don't get me wrong. It's $29 USD... I did say I would think about it and buy it if he gets stuck with it. (I kinda owe the guy but that is another story)

I generaly take the two bolts out of the flange and the two out of the bracket of the EDOC and stick my short little prybar under the bracket tab to hold it up a 1/2in or so and have no problem getting the bolts..

I like snapon tools but they are just way to proud of their name and logo in todays economy, you can buy 99% of the tools snapon has for much less from almost anybody else

This might come in handy as a one grab tool to do the job vs grabbing the right extention, socket etc. I have been going the cab on turbo off for alot of repairs lately. Well as long as the truck runs so I can get the pipes warm and spray WD40 on them otherwise they are almost impossible to get the bolts loose without rounding them off

that's like the ICP sensor socket

it's listed for 02 and 03 6.0s. makes you wonder who's in charge of writing up descriptions

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...amp;dir=catalog

I did buy the turbo inlet pipe socket. we'll see how it works

Even though I bought the socket a 1/4" 10mm short socket and a 1/4" extension fits in there just fine. If you want honesty, I bought the damn socket out of guilt because my Snappy dealer picked up the socket partially with me in mind. Remember, I did back into the Snap-on truck with a dump truck. Posted Image With money so tight this year I have basically purchased nothing in the way of tools.