Radiator replacement.

Rate this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Did my first one today, didn't like it. Maybe they will grow on me. By the way I took a bit of an antifreeze bath in the process, did I mention it was my first job of the day and I had no uniforms to change into? Don't ask for any details. Posted Image

• 1 year later...

:(I am doing one right now, I am so glad I read this post, otherwise I will be pulling my hair out.

Few minutes ago I was reading WSM, on radiator removal, the more I read, it is missing a lot of steps.

edit:::Just finish today....ain't no picnic.....there are no short cuts, almost everything in front must come off.... 

I have one sitting in my bay at this very moment, was leaking at the left front tank crimp like all the others.I have done 3 of them in the past and can have the primary rad out with the secondary out the a/c evacuated and the p/s cooler just positioned to the side in 1hr... you will need a flex head wrench to get some of the tricky 8mm bolts on the back side of the primary rad but thats about the only hangup... very easy job

I employee this method, and like it because I can lift the rads out without a helper and it also keeps from scratching up any of the coolers.

Thats how i am gonna do the next one. I wiggled one out the other day and ended up draining the secondary coolant anyway.