Rookie Question

Rate this topic

What should a good hot idle IPR% be? Just put a truck back together has 25% @ hot idle. Air tested after repair couldn't hear any more leaks, so I put it back together and drove it. Went to cold start this morning-long crank- Drove the crap out of it let it set til noon still has long crank.

What do you call "long crank"?

Not stopping there, what's your ambient temp? What weight of oil? Cranking RPM? IPR and ICP while cranking (does ICP take a while to come up). How long does it take for FUEL_PW to start up?

Pesky questions, I know... But if there is something bothering you about a motor, there is a chance it might bother your customer...

After posting that yesterday I decided to go ahead and tear into the other side(replaced standpipe and dummy plug on right side) low and behold, orings on dummy plug almost worn in half. Got it back together waitin to cooldown and check cold start.

Got to say I love this site as compared to FMC message boards... big Thanks to everyone here that has helped me so far. Im just a rookie with a lot to learn.

After posting that yesterday I decided to go ahead and tear into the other side(replaced standpipe and dummy plug on right side) low and behold, orings on dummy plug almost worn in half. Got it back together waitin to cooldown and check cold start.

Got to say I love this site as compared to FMC message boards... big Thanks to everyone here that has helped me so far. Im just a rookie with a lot to learn.

I usually replace both sides with the updated parts.

Originally Posted By: Chase

I usually replace both sides with the updated parts.

IMHO it's a good idea to check those plugs when ever you have the valve covers off.

Time for another dragnet operation. I think we need to post some more "join forddoctorsdts.com" requests on the FMC boards. Posted Image

Keith, you can always invite good ol' Rex from autotrend.us. On second thought, ........ he's likely too busy with them $12,000 repairs to these trucks so I'm sure he doesn't NEED any help.