6L injector nipple OIL RAIL o-ring kit and tool

Rate this topic

I'm mad, last week I was on ebay searching through miscellaneos 6.0L stuff and came accross someone who sells o-ring kits with the hex socket needed to remove the nipples from the oil rail. He also had o-ring kits available if you had already bough the kit with the tool. Now this week I go back and I cant find the stuff anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get the o-rings and tool? Or at least the o-rings since I'm sure I could make the tool myself if I had to. I'm so irritated that I cant find it again. Havent seen it offered anywhere else and it could really be a great thing to have. Replacing the entire oil rail is bs when all it needs is o-rings.

when I seen it last week on ebay it was listed in a store, not an idividual so I'm not sure why I cant find it now, but when I do I'm going to share it with everyone I can. The listing had a kit of 8 o-rings and the tool for $49, and just the o-ring kit for $19, considering the stuff is top secret everywhere else I thought that was a great price. but I found it so easily that I didnt think I needed to save it or bookmark it. Apparently that was a big mistake.

Victor Reinz GS33445 is the only thing I can find as a possible service part for these seals. They are referred to as a "Pressure Upper Injector Oil Inlet Seal"

Still looking for info regarding a socket to remove these tubes

they also list this as a replacement for W301373, this is an upper injector seal for a 7.3 injector. I wonder if it's the same o-ring?

thanks I'll pass it on and I'm gonna get that fitting and check it out, I just happen to have one with valve covers coming off monday so maybe I'll have to pull a rail and if so I'll try this. Its an 03 and the only ones I've seen with bad rail orings were on 03 models

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what about getting the nipple separate? I have a rail with dicked up nipples that keep blowing out the o-rings on the injector. The rail is on backorder for 2.5months which is total bs to expect to wait that long for a part! Its a fleet vehicle and I can not have it out of service for that long

• 7 months later...

Yes, and they are only available from the aftermarket, Alliant Power PN AP 0002 IIRC. It includes a complete external seal kit for the injector and the snap ring on top. I've changed the D-ring without removing the snap ring.

Posted Image

That's my project for today. I had one of those O-rings fail on an aftermarket injector and I'm being sent O-rings for all of the injectors and a tool to remove the snap ring.

I tried for a few minutes and then ended up just replacing the D-rings without removing the snap rings. I was able to sneak it in there.

Coincidentally I was on the phone this morning with the guy who rebuilds injectors and asked him. He said that he's never actually removed one of those snap rings. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Mekanik
He said that he's never actually removed one of those snap rings.

I have struggled considerably to get the snap ring out. It's easier to change the D-ring with the snap ring in place.....

Posted Image

Well if YOU do it with the snap ring in place, then I don't feel so bad! Posted Image