6L injector nipple OIL RAIL o-ring kit and tool

Rate this topic

any particular reason for changing these o-rings? Are you just doing it for preventative maint?

I have noticed that some oil rail nipples are a little loose and some are tight. None ever presented a problem yet so I never worried about it. I just try and line the nipples up straight before setting the rail back on.

I have experienced no start conditions from o-rings rock hard an split leaking profusely performing an air pressure test. you have to watch carefully, it can mask itself as a blown out injector seal. Try looking at these in an Econoline, a real bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well being the tool junkie I am I ordered a socket from electrodiesel.

Now I just want to find a reliable source of o-rings. Not sure about the o-ring part number I listed previously. The 8 o-rings with the tool are much smaller than I imagined.

The approx measurements of the o-rings are 1.005" diameter x .105" thickness

• 11 months later...

Hello guys,, I'm new on here but hopefully I can learn some stuff from you guys,, and maybe just fit in here.

I've got a friend that is a machinist and he made me a bunch of stuff. I posted about the degas adapter. Then I saw this thread.

He made me a bunch of these in case anyone else wanted them

Posted Image

He also sourced the viton,, or vitron 90 orings

Posted Image

He also came up with this funky design

Posted Image

His idea is the nipple cups fail first, then beat the top inj oring up. These are supposed to dissipate the hpo if there is a nipple cup failure. Thus, in theory, saving the inj oring. What do you guys think?