6.0 Cyl. Head Labor

Rate this topic

ETS

Out of curiosity what are Customer Pay labor hours for the "Tri-Fecta" repair. As Mr. Clayton calls it. Head gaskets, Egr and Oil Coolers. I have one that's fighting me the whole way!

Mr. Saunoras, Is it possible to use studs with cab on? Don't see how it's possible to get rear ones on right side. Pull master and hydroboost on left may be possible. I have no way to lift cabs in this shop. Stuck doing things the old fashion way. Climb all over this stinking thing. Rust and all. This is the worst Super Duty I have seen.

It is possible with the cab on. I did studs on an f350 a while back and didnt feel like lifting the cab

due to all the extra ambulance crap on it. I posted for some help with getting the stud in on bank 2

bottom rear. On a tip from Mike Chan, I removed the tranny mount and I was able to get

the stud in without a struggle. I prefer studs over bolts.

Mr. Bruene, Yes removed case, It's impossible to do without it. Good tip, Mbl, Remove mount and jack tail of trans. to rotate back of engine up and forward to get left rear bottom. Still on teardown side. I will talk to owner about the benefits of studs over bolts. I agree they are superior.

I'm with Matt and Keith. For the amount of work/time required to rip the cab off, it's not worth the effort/time killing my back trying work in such a tight, confined, not to mention high up space for a repair of this magnitude.

Asked Santa for a twin post lift, Guess I was bad this year. 51 years old and feeling every minute. Getting too old for this crap! Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...