2010 E250, PO276 Overspeed Condidion

Rate this topic

ETS

The only 2010 E250 in my fleet has set this code 4 times that I can remember.

Is it related to Engine speed or Vehicle speed? I have found no information on this code.

Can anyone tell me what pcm looks for to set this code? It has 4.6 and automatic trans.

Driver is not a hot dogg but long streches of country road are common up here. Can a reflash be done to modify this? This sets a hard light and fleet manager is giving us both crap over this.

The Super Duty pickups have not set this code and run the same routes.

Thanks, Mike

P0276 is not listed in the PCED. P0219 is engine overspeed. P0297 is vehicle overspeed. If it is vehicle overspeed there is a set calibrated speed limiter that is constantly monitored by the PCM. Not sure if this can be changed or not. There is no real PPT for these codes either.

lmorris,

Code was PO297 was going by memory on busy day. I have heard if vehicle reaches 85mph it sets. Driver says he does not reach that speed. Tire size is stock. Speedo seems to read properly as well as speed on scanner are the same. Just not sure how to track this one down.

Any ideas? I am not able to access dealer shop manuals on 2010 vehicles. Vehicle now has 45k and is out of warranty.

My son always has that code in memory on his truck... at first he said he doesn't drive that fast.... If you had a VDR, you could set it up to trigger a recording at a preset VSS and capture gear commanded and engine rpm....

Just sayin'...

85 on some, 95 on others is the standard setting, i think the 250/350's are 95mph, and the 450/550's are 85mph, IIRC, but it could be based on final drive ratio and some of the 350's may be 85mph....

I will try to read freeze frame next time it sets. If it sets hard code it should record and store data you would think. Then we will know. Meantime Keep It Under warp 8! If it is electronic problem must be PCM calibration related.

Thanks Guys.

I suppose if the VSS spiked enough it would set this code, but the speedo would go funny as well. They all share the VSS signal generated by the ABS system. There should be other concerns if it was a false signal causing the code to set if you think about it. IMHO someone is speeding. Just saying....