WOO HOO. I finally did it.

Rate this topic

lmorris

Good Job! Now shoot for Senior Master. Posted Image

For years I have been soooo close to SR. Master and I am finally making the push to get across the finish line. I have a mere 3 classroom courses to take.

Sure is different down there for your training and certification. In Canada we become Journeymen over a four year span of college and training at work and then work towards Senior Tech and then Master Tech with Ford Training. Up here in Canada, to become a senior Master, you have to become as old a Jim. Posted Image

Hey... I resemble that remark, Dwayne.

Keith, in Canada we don't have "Senior Master" - only "Senior" and after that "Master".

We leave it to our southern friends to be repetitiously redundant - or is that redundantly repetitious?

Welcome to the club, Leon. Sadly the lustre starts to tarnish all too soon.

Keith, in Canada we don't have "Senior Master" - only "Senior" and after that "Master".

We leave it to our southern friends to be repetitiously redundant - or is that redundantly repetitious?

Pshaw! There I go being a stupid American again! Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman

Pshaw! There I go being a stupid American again! Posted Image

I don't recall seeing you in a YouTube video trying desperately to recall the name of a country that starts with "U".... However, I still wonder why Ford decided that you guys should have a double superlative while us Canucks (the redheaded stepchildren) get only a half serving. Posted Image

Feels good to finally reach that goal doesn't it? I had a nice head start when I finished ASSET in 2002 but did not become a SR until a couple years later. The dealer I was at would never send me to the remaining classes I needed let alone the ASE required classes. On top of that I never believed I deserved that status yet being green out of school.

I was a little disappointed in loosing that SR title when I left the dealer for good last year, however I was pleased to find out FOMOCO will still support my training and certs through my fleet without any rewards or recognition which is fine by me

What rewards and recognition?

By getting all the garbage warranty work that pays squat if you don't have that particular certification.

Some of the replies in the video include Yugoslavia and Utopia... United States of America was one that seemed to stump nearly everyone - probably for the same reason few people can remember their home phone number or best friends address. Uzbekistan would be a tough one.

Pat on the back, a jacket, and a T4A to go with the jacket. I finished my Master cert. in April. Had to be on my game about getting scheduled, but managed to finish Master Cert in 26 months with Ford.