Stop-Leak

Rate this topic

No, it's a compression leak to start with - typical breached cylinder head gasket failure with stuck turbo. Number one, it's not a coolant leak. Number two, I would be concerned with introducing particles to the cooling system that will eventually settle in the oil cooler exacerbating THAT possible concern.

My customer's truck had stopleak in it. Another shop put it in for a leaky radiator and it took out the oilcooler. His 17 year old son wound up changing the oilcooler core and I had to pick up the loose ends after he finished the job.

Magic pixie dust.....

That is exactly right. Every cheap bastard out there is looking for the magical fix that will not cost him more then a couple bucks to repair.

My lasted request was on a 99F250 with a V10 "cant you just clean the fuel pump to make it work again? Posted Image

Had the one towing company that comes into work buy a used 05-06 F550 roll back, had us check it out. The coolant had some pink "milkyness" to it, we warned them of the danger. Eventually the root cause showed its ugly head when the truck ended up needing injectors, one injector had the milky shit all over it where the injector sits in the cup. They said fix it right, and she got a set of heads. Ohhhh patch work, how great you are!

• 3 weeks later...

what was the pink stuff that was all over the injectors and in the bottom of the injector cups i am curious i see the stuff in the cups often thanks

The heads were cracked at the injector cups, which would have normally put fuel into the coolant. I guess whomever was selling the truck put the stop leak in it to run it through auction. The stuff was all over one of the injectors when I pulled it out for replacement.

IH used to be against stop leak. Then when they had issues on the I308 front covers they issued a recall. The box contained a sticker and packet of stop leak. Front cover leaks would no longer be warrantied. Funny how the rules change to suit them...