NEW SHOP!!!!!

Rate this topic

lmorris

Great new shop! Lots of space and at least 2 stalls I hope. Great to set up equipment where You want it.

Hope Parts Dept. gets organized quickly! Digging through palletts of parts sucks.

My new shop is very clean and organized, But currently limited to only 1 lift and a shared flat stall.

Great new shop! Lots of space and at least 2 stalls I hope. Great to set up equipment where You want it.

Hope Parts Dept. gets organized quickly! Digging through palletts of parts sucks.

My new shop is very clean and organized, But currently limited to only 1 lift and a shared flat stall.

Same, I have one 18000 lb hoist and I share a flat bay with the other diesel tech. There is enough room for 3 trucks and an engine on the stand in our area. Very nice.

• 1 month later...

Not too long ago we finally had the 220 run to plug in our new tire machine. We decided on a nice place for all the tire equipment, but overlooked one small detail. Just 20 minutes ago the pressure washer overflowed and dumped water everywhere, including on our new 220 volt tire machine, which is directly below....OOPS...

• 6 months later...

Running into some "new shop blues" The airlines are some fancy new PCV with quick compression fittings, almost the same as the new water supply lines they put in new houses. Well 2 of the end fittings that we attach our hoses to have blown off the pipe. One tech was hit in the arm with it. From the looks of the fittings I think they are supposed to be attached to something, not just hanging off the tube.

Our walls are going up as we speak. It's still going to be small, I believe 3 truck racks and 5 car racks plus an alignment rack with it's own door.

I'm sure I'm going to be sharing 3 truck racks with one other guy but not sure who. Our other guy used to do diesel work but lately I've been doing it all, he's not going to want to switch back. This will be interesting for sure