HFO-1234yf

Rate this topic

I guess the new refrigerant is now in use in the new Cadillac.

http://www.ase.com/News-Events/Community...HFO-1234yf.aspx

Is it time to start hording R-134a in case the prices skyrocket like R-12 did? No retrofitting this time around. But when R-134a came out they said you had to replace about everything to convert an R-12 system to R-134a but that changed quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Been hearing this was on the horizon for a while now...why cant we just leave well enough alone? I love the name too by the way. Seriously they couldn't come up with something more creative then "1234" Posted Image

That could be a good thing. As I have one of those eurotrash things on my lift at work (old, 1993).

What a pile of crap. Stupid rubber drive shaft couplings took a dump, but center u joint is frozen. Have to get a damn shaft, $1200, less the couplings.

I then found frozen rear calipers and frozen parking brake cables. I've never seen such a stupid setup. Tiny hidden pins that are buried that hold the cables to the friggen shoe actuators. Makes IRS explorer rear e-brake shoes look like super gravy.

If you run a positive unfused 0ga cable to ground on the car, it will likely catch fire and burn right to the ground, or at the very least the battery will explode.

Glad I could help.

Mercedes don't need my help with that. They all have biodegradable wiring insulation. Problem is, most degrade while still on the car. It'll only be a matter of time. Posted Image

Two people down the street from my house have lost cars due to the harnesses degrading, shorting out and burning to the ground. The one neighbor, she almost lost her house, as the car was parked about 4 feet away. The fire dept managed to save the house, the siding and eaves were melted right off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...