3.5L GTDI

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

Yeah, but if you keep a bunch of Korean software engineers locked in a room long enough they will figure a way around that. Now if they can just get my cheater satellite TV working.

I had an f-150 ecoboost do that, I also suspected a programmer, but had no proof.(even searched the truck looking for it) Had NO power, underboost code and P1000.

The P1000 is your first indication it has been programmed. If I recall P1000 will never be present with other fault codes, unless it has been programmed. The programmer shuts down the OBDII drive cycle, thus the P1000 NEVER clears.

I agree for the most part, but I've seen plenty of P1000s on vehicles that had not had codes cleared, programmers, batteries unhooked/replaced, or other interruptions. I have a screen cap of a P1000 with a CLRDIST in the thousands, and I've seen it more than a few times in class. These vehicles are usually gov't owned, never have chips or delete kits, and the students have no reason to lie to me (unlike your situation!). I think there's TSB's for reflashes, but I've also seen it with current flash levels for no reason.

Comments are welcome.

Posted Image

My comment would be that maybe vehicles never get driven long enough to actually complete a drive cycle. Or something else that doesn't set a code is preventing it from doing so. Isn't that why we have symptom charts. Could be wrong though.

• 4 months later...

Bump bump ..... anybody here seeing these things building oil? I have an '11 that came in about 3" up on the dipstick even though it's early for its service by 2000 km. I will be digging into it when the owner drops it back at the end of the week. This is my first time seeing this on this engine.

High pressure pump off the driver's side cam? Injectors?

• 3 months later...