brrrrr

Rate this topic

YukonTyler

It has been like this for a week ... glad i don't have to drive my 6.4 daily when drops down to these temps. That said, 2 battery pads, a 125w oil pan heater, the block heater and 5/40 Delvac and she'll fire right up : )

Posted Image

Isn't this a goofy winter? Our snow came two weeks early and usually the first snow doesn't "stick". We're in the tropics with only -15C~-20C

Unfortunately, this thick blanket of snow is keeping the frost from getting into the ground and almost the entire oil patch is made out of snot.

Gonna be around 70F degrees all week here. I'm out raking up the pine needles in the yard in a short sleeve shirt and sweating up a storm.

Needless to say with this hot a winter here, I am not looking forward to the summer.

I dislike the cold but I am ready for this long as summer to be over with...We are still low 80s out here in AZ. We have long summers naturally but this one has been hanging on with all its got. Been a long time since its been 80* for a high in Dec.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than six hours of sunlight.... I think that would be worse than the cold. Much as I like to use my telescope, I need to have sun in my face during the day.

These days since I teach class all day, I take a long walk or bike ride after work before the sun gets too low.

I was in Iceland for Christmas two years ago. The sun was rising at about 11:00, sets at about 3:30. The weird thing is it never gets too cold with temps around the freezing point day and night. I am used to it being bitchin cold at night in winter, so it took some getting used to being outside in the dark and not freezing to death. The sun is barely above the horizon at that time of year, so the way the light shone on the lavafields was quite interesting. I would go back there in a minute.

I was in Iceland for Christmas two years ago. The sun was rising at about 11:00, sets at about 3:30. The weird thing is it never gets too cold with temps around the freezing point day and night. I am used to it being bitchin cold at night in winter, so it took some getting used to being outside in the dark and not freezing to death. The sun is barely above the horizon at that time of year, so the way the light shone on the lavafields was quite interesting. I would go back there in a minute.

Reykjavic has been on my short list for a long time ... I'd love to get over there one of these days.

We sound similar to them these days. The jet stream moved further north and gave us a nice shot of southern air. Woke up to -2 this morning and lots of fresh snow. It's a nice reprieve from the blasts.

The sun is a bit of a downer at these times. No windows in our shop, so if I'm stuck on a longer job like today then there's a good chance I don't see it. Sun rises around 10:45 or so, but it doesn't get over the mountains 'til noon. Then it's gone past the mountains by 1:30 and it's dark again by 3:30.

Originally Posted By: mrbudge

Reykjavic has been on my short list for a long time ... I'd love to get over there one of these days.

We sound similar to them these days. The jet stream moved further north and gave us a nice shot of southern air. Woke up to -2 this morning and lots of fresh snow. It's a nice reprieve from the blasts.

The sun is a bit of a downer at these times. No windows in our shop, so if I'm stuck on a longer job like today then there's a good chance I don't see it. Sun rises around 10:45 or so, but it doesn't get over the mountains 'til noon. Then it's gone past the mountains by 1:30 and it's dark again by 3:30.

Been there done that. Drove me mental.