7.3 knock cly 3

Rate this topic

hey guys im working on a 1999 f250 with a 7.3 it has a knocking sound from cly 3 when i unplug the injector noise is gone i replace the injector and no change removed both valve covers seems like all 8 injectors and glow plugs have been replace already but #8 has the same part number ass all the other injectors any ideas of what to check?

no smoke runs realy strong just a slight knock at idel i found that i have idm codes for all cly so ima try to find a tester idm is there a posabilty that the idm is leveing the injector open? if i unplug cly 3 the knock is gone

I've got a 99 that I just put heads on 2300 miles ago, along with all 8 injectors and glow plugs. It came back in knocking, they tried to blame it on me, but I didn't make the piston ring come apart.

'99's have the worst design air filter and dust engines frequently. I have one I took apart with a full 1" of upper ring gap (no joke) and a trashed piston. (I think I posted pics of this years ago) Always be suspect of dusted 7.3's, twice as suspect on '99s.

Posted Image