Sleepers

Rate this topic

Aaron

Sleeper. The art of the deceptively fast automobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Hv_jRQMv8

This is a four door Fairmont:

Now that we have that out of the way.

A twin turbo 6.0LS motor, with some internal goodies and two S400 chargers on it... in a 1986 four door Chevy Caprice with a 4L80E, and 3.5" or so exhaust with mufflers to the stock location exit should just blend right into the crowd.

Car will have A/C, bench seat, column shift, baby seat in the back seat.

Should run 9.0's

And nobody will suspect ANYTHING...

Project is underway...

Larry, I need some turbos.

That car used to run around Detroit. Street legend.

Hey Mike, shoot me a call some time! We gotta get some beers.

I still have my Malibu street pounder, bottom 11's on pump gas all motor, and it gets a camshaft and intake swap in the spring to put it into the 10.90 range.

Best deal I ever saw involved buying an early 70's Nova with a 350 and a mid 70's chevy 3/4 ton with a 454. Needless to say the engines were swapped and the 3/4 ton was sold. My assisant manager at the time, drove the Nova for awhile, holy crap that was a fast car. Then sold it to some young buck with a wad of cash in his pocket. He actually made over $1000 in the deal.

When I was in Australia in the late 80's the cops in Melbourne had problems with street racing. Their solution was to take one of their Holden patrol cars, with a stock 305 q-jet, put a NOS nozzle on the air cleaner hold down stud, and invite the kids to the racetrack to race a cop car. As I recall it ran fairly respectable times for 1988. The rumor was that when they weren't racing it they still used it for regular patrol duty.