new cab and chassis for 2014

Rate this topic

Given the size of the engine I don't think there would be the need for cab removal. It would be nice to see some pics of the engine bay though. I used to drive the older GMC Forward with the little Isuzu 4cyl turbo diesel, that was a tilt cab, real nice to get at the engine. To bad they couldn't do that with this one.

I suspect the back half is most likely of typical frame construction and materials. Looks like the cab is just welded to it instead of bolted.

Fuel filler integrated with driver door for improved security

Sounds like a train wreck on the diesel option.

Looks like it has it's own door but can't be opened with the driver's door closed. Wonder how that's gonna work when it's raining out. Keeping the driver's door open during fueling has to be a safety issue I would think.

why oh why cant we keep the econoline? This thing looks more and more like the redheaded step child each time I see it.

I really wish ford would get away from the euro styling where everything looks the same. Notice how the interior looks very focus like? The whole thing looks very car-ish like the transit connect. Unlike the econoline that was based off the superduty

why oh why cant we keep the econoline? This thing looks more and more like the redheaded step child each time I see it.

I couldn't agree more. What I foresee happening is the E-Series continuing into production even when this model is released. What we can hope for, is the E-Series sales continuing to climb, while this Transit becomes a complete and total flop. With that happening, hopefully FoMoCo might come to their senses and either change their minds and do some updates to the E-Series and slowly phase out this model. You guys remembered what happened to the Five Hundred (that was supposed to replace the Taurus) and the Probe (which was originally intended to be the replacement for the Mustang)?

Originally Posted By: DieselD
I really wish ford would get away from the euro styling where everything looks the same. Notice how the interior looks very focus like? The whole thing looks very car-ish like the transit connect. Unlike the econoline that was based off the superduty
THANK YOU!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticing this and think's the same way? Why do we need to mimick the Europeans? Why can't we have our own unique North American traditional styling?

Not to be a downer but I think this is the path Ford wishes to take. A more Global company. If you look at their Google Plus posts they are mainly European based. They even ran a Raptor at a German high speed test track.

Jimmy:

Do you know where I could get those two videos offline? (.wmv or similar format) I'd like to show them in class when I don't have internet......

Thanks!

Posted Image

There's all sorts of file converters out there. I can't remember the one I use, but it was a free download, and works fine.