2012 F250 No Start?

Rate this topic

Buddy_M

OK, first time seeing the new stuff, had some KOEO codes for FPDM and Injector circuits, found the fuel pump relay was broken from someone trying to pry it out previously and likely corroded inside. Replaced that and took care of those codes. Now there are no codes either KOEO or CMDTC. Ran thru PPT A , Power balance is green across the board with 160rpm cranking speed, and manual compression is 180psi. Fuel pressure is good, have good spark while cranking, injectors are moving fuel as pressure drops with pump unplugged. Sync switches to yes while attempting to start, and OASIS is coming up with nothing with symptom codes. I've been out of the dealer for about 5 years now and hoping maybe someone can provide some guidance on this before I end up giving up.

VIN is 1FT7X2B67CEA80251 if anyone can provide me any kind of insight hopefully.

Brad, I did see that when searching the forum, and seen the insulation starting to wear, but nothing exposing the copper yet, so I did take care of moving that so it shouldn't cause future problems(hopefully). As an update, the spark tester showed good spark, the plugs appeared to look decent so I didn't think anything of it at first, I ended up sticking one in the coil and grounded the outside, no spark(or weak when it did fire) So 16 plugs are ordered with only 55K miles on the truck, and just under 2000 hours(averaged 27mph its life so far). Plugs didn't really look all that bad, I've seen a lot worse anyway, but seeing them not fire consistently is the only thing I have found, and I'm quite confident that should at least get it running to check for any other issues. This is just one more reason I don't like to deal with gas engines too often, I'm liking my diesel work quite a bit lately.

I'm a little curious - is this a flex fuel truck? I've had a couple 1/2 tons act goofy with perceived high ethanol content. When this occurs they exhibit a crank no start condition. The fueling strategy calls for high fueling because the PCM thinks there is E85 (or thereabouts) in the tank.

Not sure if you have access to an IDS. If you do then FF_INF is the PID you want in the PCM. So long as you're running regular fuel this should be under 10%. The ones I've had screw up were reading around 70% and higher.

On one of these trucks I never did find the root cause. I drained the fuel from the tank and then put it right back in. The ethanol content was properly recalculated and everything was good. I reset the KAM and sent it on its way never to act up again.

The other one with this problem was caused by a weak fuel pump. I wonder if your wonky FP relay has caused a similar issue with this F250. A quick check of that PID will confirm one way or another.

We see many problems with E85 and flex fuel trucks and cars. A quick check of the FF_INF pid and compare it to the actual fuel. We take a clear plastic bottle and mark two equeal parts. Pull fuel line and fill to first line and add water, shake and look at the separation. I have recently had the FF_INF wrong both ways. Some people switch back and forth fuels others say they never fill with E85 either way we have found these to be off. Once they burn out or drain that tank and refill the problems are gone. Seems to happen more in the spring and fall.

just started working on 2013 with 246 miles very long crank 10 seconds just starts......Was filled with E-85!

Yes this is a Flex fuel truck, I also do have an IDS, and will check that PID tomorrow to see what it says when I roll the truck back in to finish it, got a KW W900 for A/C work(and it's only 31 degrees today), 78 Dodge pickup for a new intake/carb combo from Edelbrock, and an Audi for a belt tensioner to take care of first.. yuck..

16 new plugs and it starts/runs just fine now. FF_INF PID read 0% when I checked it after I got it back in. Driving just fine and everything appears normal now, so what caused it I have no idea at this point.

Does this guy go thru deep water. Another tech in our shop had one that had filled the vapour canister reservoir with water. Would run good till it tired to purge and then would put water in the tank and run like shit and not start, if I am remembering correctly.