A recall question.

Rate this topic

So, here's the thought that came across my alcohol-clouded mind the other night.

The cam sensor in the 7.3 was a stalling/non-restarting concern, and eventually Ford issued a recall.

Sooooo, here's the hundred and eighteen dollar question.

If an issue like a HPFP gasket was ever a recall, would you guys rather do it NOW, or down the road a bit after the salt belt eats at cab bolts/mounts/etc? (And likely get paid 5 hours to do it?)

Has anyone ever done a cab off on a 6.4 truck that's been rotten already? We're getting 5-6 years on them, salt and not washing, or plow trucks, there has to be rotten ones out there already.

I agree with you Keith, especially if the cab hasn't ever been off, and cab mounts have Loctite on them still.

What does the pump harness TSB pay now?

Posted Image Salt belt? Whazzat?

Yeah, they kinda sprinkle a bit now and then.... but not like you guys.

Not only do they sprinkle the salt around, many towns now use brine. A nice liquid concoction that they spray onto the road surdace before precipitation begins.

So now you could say our roads are basted as well.

Man, you guys have it hard. Here in California everytime I need to pull a cab the truck has usually been raped again and again by different dealers who usually leave everything loose. I've taken cab bolts out with a 3/8" air ratchet.

The shorted cover gasket, I've done four, if I recall rightly.

As time goes on, the ones that haven't been changed, could become problematic.

But, that being said, most of the trucks that didn't have the wiring failure likely had a pump somewhere along the line anyhow.