2006 Ford GT Supercharger drive belt

Rate this topic

mchan68

Just curious. Has anyone ever changed out a supercharger drive belt on a 2006 Ford GT before? If so, how difficult was it? And what's a fair labour hour time to charge for this? There doesn't appear to be any SLTS labour op times for this vehicle. The workshop manual procedure for this looks pretty intense, with having to remove an interior panel as well as both the oil pump and accessory drive belts just to access.

Oh, it sucks, BIG TIME.

AAAAAAAAAAND, that interior panel, is covered with sealer/butyl/etc.

Watching you jump down that flight of stairs over the edge of the garden at your old place when I was there for dinner shows me you have about the right physical ability to get into this car to do it. LOL.

I've taken the belt off from underneath, but that was just to change the blower, so I can't verify that you can swap the belt completely, but you can get the tension off and the belt off the supercharger pulley without taking all that interior stuff off.

Also, I would recommend putting that car on a drive-on hoist to do any underneath stuff, to jack one up at work, I had to take the front wheels off an ultra-low-profile racing floor jack to get it FLAT on the ground to jack it up.

Once that interior trim panel is off, it's not a HORRIFIC job, to be honest, but that trim panel is no fun to take off, especially when you're my size in a 250,000 dollar car.

Posted Image

This is one we had at the shop for awhile, just for some maintenance and stuff.

I'm six feet and a bunch of inches tall, I can't even get in it.

I'm six feet and a bunch of inches tall, I can't even get in it.

I'm shorter than you, and even I have a hard time getting in and out of it.

It's the owner of our dealer's car. He "requests" they be replaced because of a squeaking (or PERCEIVED) noise issue. Apparently he's being particular about who gets to wrench on it. WHY ME??? Posted Image

Apparently he's being particular about who gets to wrench on it. WHY ME??? Posted Image

Lucky bastard! Posted Image Do you at least get to take the car for a test beating when you are done? You have to seat the belt properly you know! Posted Image