Insult to injury

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

Worked out in the yard yesterday and got fried. I look like I am walking around the shop in a full body cast today....feel like total shit.

Then I get my first job today and proceed to burn the ever lovin' shit out a my index finger on a locked up belt tensioner pulley.

Posted Image

SOOOOOO I blame this all on my wife. She left for Vermont for a week and left me alone with no adult supervision. Although she did manage to put some parental control on the satellite dish [before she left] which I have not been able to get around yet. :scratch:

Here is the picture of my sunburn:

Posted Image

and here is the offending unit that burned me finger:

Posted Image

I guess I can't blame that one on the wife, I was blindly grabbing at pulleys. The customer said they saw sparks and smoke filled the cab. They called to get a price on a turbo and then towed it up to the shop. The service advisor talked them into having it double checked.

Well, I gotta log off, "Finding Nemo" is getting ready to come on....

• Like 1

Hey Brad how is the recovery going? I had to laugh when I read your post about "Finding Nemo". We have fun watching that one with the kids. Favorite line...mine-mine-mine-mine-mine

I used to be a ginger before the oncologist made all my hair go away and I can sympathize with you, Brad. Sunburn is a yearly ritual.

It's a little late to try and help you now, but something my Mum (also a ginger) taught me..... at the first sign of burn, swab the area with white vinegar. You will smell something like a pickle, but you will be a happy pickle.

Important to remember - sooner is better. The longer you leave it, the less help the vinegar is.

This starts a little slow but any gingers out there will appreciate it.

• Like 1