6.7 teardown labor opp?

Rate this topic

batmantech

I have a 2011 6.7 with spun bearings. Hotline advised a complete teardown to inspect. So I did even though on the phone conversation I told them it was pointless to teardown we know what all the damage is. So I tear it completely down....... Now the fun part and my question,

Our outside, warranty processing company says that I only get 6007E1D for 2.8. in the description it states " time for removal of one vale cover and oil pan to inspect. "  Well I was at that point before I called hotline then I still had to tear down completely and reassemble.

So does anyone know what you have gotten for teardown inspect and reassemble for core?

The response I got... "I have tried to get additional time for teardown in the past from ford and they generally won't pay it"

Also I questioned compression test labor opp. 6051a11 for .6  He stated that glow plug remove is included in that.

So I checked glow plug r&r  opp. 12342d1t is 1.2 hours.  Does not make any sense to me.

6051A11 can only be claimed if you are replacing a failed head gasket that could have been diagnosed by the compression test. Use relative compression and crankcase pressure for base engine concerns. I claimed 6.8 hrs of teardown time on last grenaded engine. That's the difference between long block and short block times. As well as inspect and determine. Sadly they won't pay for a compression test for a base engine failure.