05s34 Tape

Rate this topic

forddieseldoctor

Ah the good ol "recall tape" This stuff rock and I had quite the stash of it. I still have several rolls but I am very selective where I use it anymore. I have tried to find it elsewhere a couple years ago and wasn't successful. I would be interested in finding the supplier for it as I would buy a bunch more

Did anyone ever figure out what that tape was exactly? My parts guy wants to try and locate some more. We finally used up the stash we had.

Polyken 823 PE Electrical Tape  (Black 1" x 36Yd 1½ core)

Totally forgot I had researched this a long time ago. I am pretty sure that the product I listed above is the same stuff in the recall kit. The tape is available but you have to look very hard to find it and be aware that it can be found with different size specifications.  On-line I  mostly see it available from industrial suppliers and you buy it in bulk... that is where I stopped looking.

But I did find this:  http://www.industrial-tapes.com/pc-8386-1905-polyken-823-black-1-x-36yd-1.aspx

The ficm harness recall was a little before my time so I had no idea what the recall tape was. I found a 4C3Z-14A099-A on eBay for pretty cheap so I ordered it. Surprising it came with a nice sized roll of tape. Polyken like Keith said. Neat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've taken a liking to the escape tape but the only roll I had (stole from the tech school guy before he quit) is almost gone.

I picked up 4 rolls of 3/4" Polyken 268 off eBay and it's similar enough to work.  The tape is not quite as heavy/thick as the harness tape but its still good.