Idle shutdown timer on 2008.

Rate this topic

I have gone through the seic wiring that pertains to 2008, and what I really want to do is keep the shutdown timer from operating. It is a ca emissions vehicle. I have an aftermarket idle up controller available. The way I read it, if the driver leaves the pto enable on, the vehicle will not regenerate going down the road. Is there any seic option for say 800 rpm, that is disengaged when the park brake is off? Sorry if it is right in front of my face. I think the 2008 is different than the 2007 previous, and from the 2011.

1200 rpm is the minimum you can get using SEIC. Using any part of SEIC will disable regen. It will not work unless the park brake is engaged. If the customer wants to use this feature to disable the idle shutdown, they will have to make sure it is allowed to regen when needed. There is no other way around it.

I thought 1200 was the floor rpm. I guess I will put the aftermarket idle controller in and see if I can set it to 800. It also requires park brake. These guys don't seem to understand the importance of a regen. All I can do is tell them over and over to limit idle time and allow the regen to finish coming home from the job site. Thanks lmorris.

So does battery charge protection over ride the idle timer. I wires an upfitter switch to the bcp wire and it runs at min. 900 rpm. I believe I can leave the upfitter switch on, and when they set the park brake, bcp will keep it at 900 or whatever is required for charge protection. The answer is it does override idle shutdown by supplying 12 volts to the bcp circuit. It runs at 900 rpm.

If it wasn't against the law. Truck is still registered and driven on the street. I think I could turn it off with some laptop software I have, but it would cost me to get access to the ECM by vin.

Not sure about the idle shutdown feature, but I hook up bcp in most of my customers trucks as a quick and easy idle up feature. Most leave the upfitter switch on and operated it with the park brake.

I didn't know you were in CA.

Isn't there something on the truck body builder advisory service about this?

I will have a peek next time I am at a PC. The big trucks with a timer are the worst especially when it's cold. You spend 25 minutes dinking around getting it started and it only runs for 3 minutes. Sweet.

I am not in CA, but to disable any emissions control device from the factory is against the federal anti tampering law, including making software changes that affect emissions. I bet I have a 99.99999 % chance of it not being an issue, but the fines for it being done in a shop are substantial. Also the customer has a huge nationwide fleet, (Halliburton) and if they get an EPA audit, I Want to be as far away as possible. We already have a couple ozone non compliance areas in the western portion of the state, so they are watching in the natural gas patch out here.