Noticed a couple of changes on the 2015 MY

Rate this topic

First is the already known new turbo. The lower intake seems to be redesigned as well. The section of the EGR cooler that was previousy fed by the secondary cooling system is now fed by the heater core supply line before the heater core.

The pic for the 412 engine looks like the new 2015 design for the EBP tube. The 416 looks just like the previous setup.  Should make pulling the EGR a lot easier.

412 is an internal designation we use for chassis cert engines, 416 is for dyno cert.  I am not sure why you guys are seeing those now, but that is all they mean.

• Like 1

I drove a 2015 the other day but no time to poke around under the hood.

I dig the $65k dollar exhaust brake switch on the dash ::drool::

The cab/chassis vehicle where not said to get very much in the way of changes, hopefully they stop eating turbos tho

The cure for 450/550 C&C turbo failures is lost sales of 450/550 around me. Some long time big utility and construction company fleets I see on the road all the time are now getting 4500/5500 Rams. These guys have had Fords as long as I can remember.

I hope someone in Dearborn is getting the feedback from those customers as to why they are leaving the nest.

I will still buy a Ford 550 over the dodge for our fleet. We have a couple and they are good trucks but still have the headaches. Are latest one is a transmission valve body failure to the tune of $5100 to repair. Or I could by a new transmission for a cool $9000!!! :mad: really 9k for a transmission?? Oh thats right its the same one as the dodge sprinter pos! Thanks Dodge!!

On the other hand I guess putting turbos in every 30k for $3000 isnt much better!

Out of the 7 F550s with a turbo failures we have replaced 13turbos total.