LCF wont start.

Rate this topic

I keep getting codes for for cmp and ckp incorrect signal signature.Ive load tested both circuits and checked for shorts.Everything checks out fine.Ive tried a cmp sensor,ckp sensor, and a test ECM.It still will not fire.I did notice when I pulled the cmp sensor out it had metal shavings all over it.So I scoped out the sensor bore.I can see the timing peg on the cam and don't see any damage.Is it possible that  one of the gears slipped out of time??? That's where im at.Any help appreciated.

By the way were there any codes and what were they?  Metal shavings are never a good sign.

Also, this is a crank no start? Does it sound like it WANTS to start? Do any codes REPEAT?

I ask this because, like a 6.0L a 4.5L can set cam and crank sensor circuit codes due to low RPM misfires and hard starting concerns. That would make the codes a RESULT of the concern rather than the CAUSE.

Just something to think about and consider.

I had a 6.0L with identical symptoms a while back, I checked the cmp and ckp circuits like you have, replaced the sensors, I was stumped.  Then I learned that the PCM relays the signals to the FICM, I found my short between the PCM and FICM.  Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...