Where Are The PER_DEL PIDs?

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me when Ford removed the PER_DEL PIDs from the data logger in IDS for the 7.3L engines? I noticed this back when I had IDS-92 installed. Kinda pisses me off when they make changes to things that have been around for a long time.

:whattodo:  WTF!!! 

Just so happens that I have that piece of equipment on my bench from another job... or I could install my cut-out box and calculate mass fuel too. I just wanted a quick indication of where to start digging.

Mind you that your distraction from the topic does not answer my question though! :twack:  

As I was reading this I had a 2000 7.3 Excursion in my stall so I hooked up my IDS with 93 installed and it has the perdel pids and they work.

Are you trying it on an older 7.3 that never offered the pid?

Don't the earlies have the "V8 powerstroke" badge on the front fenders?Never mind I didn't read. I think they say intercooled on the air box lid too

Yeah plus it's got the outlet of the air box turned back towards the turbo instead of pointing straight towards the motor.

Early 99 air boxes sucked air from the LF wheelwell, which on a dirt road is nothing but a cloud of dust and caused numerous engine failures.  The later 99 (and upgrade boxes, including the Powercore upgrade box) had a square duct that pulled air from the grill area which is much cleaner.  Why FMC "engineers" pulled air from the LF wheelwell still amazes me.  They've actually screwed up the the air cleaner designs on almost all of the PSD trucks if you ask me. The '94-97 oval box was also recalled and a poor design (new lid and metal bolts), on the 6.0 box the air cleaner (MAF) housing warps and lets dirty air in (needed an extra clip), the 6.4 filter can be installed backwards dusting engines, and the 6.7 should have stayed with the Powercore.  This is a simple task, design an air filter box.  Why can't they get it right?

:twack:

"Ford OWNS dusted engines"

I'm not thinking that will be the hot phrase on any of those online story deals they have these days.

I think, "Ford OWNS leaking radiators"  is another one we won't hear.

My buddy's truck when I went to put a FICM on, had the air filter installed backwards. 6.0 truck. I guess it's cleaner now that the air has gone through it in the opposite direction and forced all that shit into the motor.